Chapter 7

<Thinking>

"Ellie, please, make yourself at home." Queen Annie said and Ethan flopped down on the couch before he tapped lightly on the seat next to him. I took that as an invitation so I sat down gracefully. I sank a little into the couch and I felt comfortable. It was as if the couch was a giant teddy bear and it engulfed me into its arms. Warm and soft. I made a mental note of getting one myself in the future.

"So, Ellie, tell me if my son bully you." Queen Annie said casually after the pretty house maids poured us all tea and laid the snacks on the table. But that was after that long and awkward silence. Queen Nina was here too but she remained silent the whole time. What I found scary was that she kept staring at me, as if wanting to gobble me up. I shifted uncomfortably.

"urm..... he's.... Fine." I said without much consideration and I realize I said something that was irrelevant to the topic. "what I meant was, he treated me well." I blushed a little and looked down, playing with the hem of my skirt. Feeling a little awkward because of my attire. I heard Ethan chuckled a little and he tapped my hands slightly but never moved away. I stared at his hands and resisted the temptation to grab it.

"Annie.... I....." Queen Nina started. I lifted my head slowly and her gazed fell on me again. She looked away immediately, avoiding my gaze. I would like to know why she reacted this way but I could not be rude and blurted it out. And at the same time, I couldn't lift my eyes off her. There was just something about her that felt way too familiar but I did not knew what it was other than our eyes were of the same color.... like there was a connection between us.

"Nina, speak your mind freely." Queen Annie said and placed her hands on top of Queen Nina's. That was when the tension in the room rose and Somehow, I was afraid to breathe. She looked from Queen Annie to Ethan and then to me. Just as she was about to say something, I was pretty eager to hear what she was about to say, someone barged into the room. I was too engrossed in staring at Queen Nina to look at who entered and disrupted the conversation.

"Mom, I need to go out." came the voice. It was sweet and light with a hint of desperation in it. That voice dispelled all the tension in the room and Queen Nina broke the eye contact with me to look away. I decided to glance up and what I saw literally took my breathe away.

The person was the most beautiful human being I have ever seen in my entire life. (Except the Queens) She wore a plain pink dress that matches her body shape and her pale golden hair was being casually draped from her shoulders. With a pair of green eyes looking exactly like Ethan's, She was an angel. No, rather, she was the Angel.

I did not know how long I sat there staring at her because the next thing I heard was someone's body heat close to me and whispering, Saying, "Ellie, are you in love with my sister?" Ethan's voice sent a chill down my spine and I turned to looked at him, which I regretted because our faces are inches apart and the very fact that I was only one inch away from his gorgeous lips. He seems as shocked as me that we were inches apart and we blushed before he looked away.

Everyone in the room was shocked at the outbreak of her and as if nothing happened, she said "Oh, I didn't realize there's guest. Forgive my rudeness." she turned towards me before giving me a huge grin. Which I would fell in love with immediately...... if I was a guy. But I wasn't and... I am straight!

Not knowing what to reply, I said the first thing that came to my mind. "It's okay. My name is Ellie Swift." I said after standing up to show respect to a princess and smile at her. A Princess! After meeting the Queens, I saw a Princess! Maybe I would see a king too.

"Nice to meet you, Ellie, my name is Erica." she pulled me into a hug but I was too stunned to react. What was that for? Was it just me or are Ethan's family friendly royals? Queen Annie was about to comment on her daughter's behavior with a frown on her face but Erica had dragged me out of the room faster than the speed of light. I looked at the laughing Ethan and the angry yet laughing Queen Annie. But what looked misplaced was Queen Nina's concern's face.