Chapter 15

<Being a Princess>

"Strawberry milkshake with chocolate cream on top." Ethan said when he passed me a glass from behind and giving me his best smile. His megawatt dimple smile. It always melts my heart. Ethan had promised to bring Betty in soon and I would like to purchase her necessities but Mary had offered to buy it in my place. I gladly obliged and now, we were waiting for her return while enjoying our milkshake.

"You remembered." I said sounding a little shocked. Nobody ever remember my orders. Or rather, I just did not shop around or go cafe with people. The only human in the world that could remembered my habits are Mabel and Max and that was enough. Ethan and I were chilling out in his room and he said that he had a surprise for me which turns out to be my favourite strawberry milkshake with chocolate cream. I love him. He had also asked Mary to get Betty some dog clothing and a nice big bed. It felt as if Betty was our baby.

"Of course I remember what my darling drinks." he said and I couldn't help but blushed. He was just so caring and sweet and a boyfriend any girl would want to keep. He leaned in and smile making me drawn into his green eyes. "Son..... Oh... I did knock." Queen Annie said and opened the door slightly. She did?! Guess we were too engrossed in staring at each other to heard the knock. She looked from Ethan to me and broke into a big grin. I just realize Ethan and I were so close that our lips nearly touching. I drew back a little and smile, trying to hide my blush. But I felt mostly embarrassment.

"Am I interrupting something?" Queen Annie said, a glint of amusement in her voice. Being caught by Erica was bad enough, now Ethan's mum? But just how many interruption could we get before I finally get to taste Ethan's soft lips? I could spend an eternity basking in his love and I knew he would too. After all, we had 2 years before our 18th birthday and we have to make the most out of it. What if Ethan had a married arranged for him and so did I? That would meant that we would never be together.

"Mum, Ellie and I were just....." Ethan said but Queen Annie raised a hand to stop his sentence. She seems that type of cool parents who wouldn't care what their kids did as long as they stay away from drugs and unprotected s*x. If only I grew up in this type of environment, I had never knew what it felt like to have such cool parents and siblings that would tease the hell out of you. I felt awkward and at a lost whenever things like that happened while Ethan was calm and brushed it off like it was no big deal.

"I know. Don't explain. As long as Ellie don't be a mum so soon, then everything's fine." Queen Annie said and laughed and I felt my face turned red. Ethan cleared his throat and blushed too. We didn't expect that did we? But the look in her eyes meant that she was serious because she did not want her best friend daughter to commit the same mistake. She did not want to have the same heartbreak she felt 16 years ago with her best friend. But Ethan and I would not be so naive, we had mutual understanding that we respect each other's personal space.

"As I was saying, Ellie needs to be crown Princess soon. It will be on her birthday." Queen Annie said, turning serious. ( Just like Erica, changing mood so fast.) like mother, like daughter. Both wonderful being with scary emotions. I wondered if Queen Nina was as crazy as them or more composed. But my encounter with Queen Nina was more normal then any of them. But what did she just said!? Crowning?

"What?! But I'm only 17!. I can't..." I looked from Ethan to Queen Annie and lowered my voice into a whisper. I didn't think I could. I meant, I haven't even had any training on how to be a proper princess! Though Mary, my personal assistance, did spent her free time coaching me. But it wasn't enough. I had no princess composure, no princess catwalk, no princess smile and worst of all, no knowledge on how to manage a country. What if the citizens hated me? What if they think that I was not worthy?