Chapter 20 -the last part

<Happily Ever After>

"Wake up!" I felt someone pounced on my bed with a small force and I opened my eyes slightly. Why didn't I lock my door so that nobody could barged in. I saw Tamy's cheeky face on top of mine and his big goofy smile. He looks just like his dad, big blue eyes with soft golden brown hair.

"Aunty Ellie! Wake up and play with me." I groaned and turned to look at the clock, it was 8 in the morning. I could used a few more hours of sleep before fetching Betty over to the castle because she had to my palace where Queen Nina was and getting used to the surroundings. I bet Erica left Tamy here and went off somewhere. This smart boy managed to find my room and woke me up.

I was about to ask Tamy to leave me alone and play with someone else when I heard. "Tamy, it's still early, I'm sure your aunt doesn't want to play." I bolted upright and saw Erica grinning at me. Still the same old cheeky Erica. The same old Erica that would barge in and caught people in the act, just like her son, Tamy.

"Erica, what brings you here?" I asked and my head seems to spin a little, I think I sat up too fast. I closed my eyes and regained my vision before I smile and was glad that I got to see Erica again. It has been a year since I last saw her. Because Erica wanted a kid but she was still too young to give birth, they adopted one. (yeah, I'm gonna be 18 soon.) Erica had told me that she was lucky to find Tamy because he looked like the king (her husband) and she had confessed to me that she wondered if Tamy was the son of the king and someone else's product. I had dismissed the thought that she had because I knew how painful that would be for Tamy to find out that his mother had left him.

"I came over to see my favourite person and my brother. But my brother was nowhere to be found." Erica said and she walked to my bed to carried her son, Tamy away. Tamy started protesting, thrashing his hands and legs everywhere, making high pitch sounds.

I laughed at the sight and my thoughts drifted off Ethan, he had went to Africa to help the poor reconstruct and build their small town. He had mentioned in his letter that he wouldn't be back so soon. How I missed him. Missed his soft lips and beautiful eyes staring into my own and claiming me. It had been 2 months since he left and though he wrote back every other week, I still felt a little empty.

"Aunt Ellie, help me." Tamy cried and it broke my train of thoughts. I smile, maybe sooner or later, Ethan and I would have our own kids. I said "Bring him out Erica." Waving both mother and son out before walking into the bathroom.

~~~~~~~

"Mom! I want to play outside!, Tamy protested to Erica and before she could answered him, he dragged me towards the palace garden, the place where soon, Betty would come home to and enjoy. I let out a laugh and shook my head while Erica just waved him off, not trying to save me from her son's grip.

We walked quite a while before Tamy starts to pick flowers and walking towards me. "Where's uncle Ethan?" Tamy asked after I sat down on the grass and he came sitting down on my lap. He was plucking the flower petals and throwing them on the ground. I watched as he did that and wonder how would it be like if I had a child of my own next time. I looked towards the sky.

"Helping the poor." I said and sighed a little. I missed Ethan a lot, we were like 2 worlds apart and even though he did sent messages to me, it aches my heart and it made me wondered if he was eating well and sleeping well. His health had not been good when he left the palace but he insisted that he was well.

"Is he good like my daddy?" Tamy asked loudly. I stared down at him and he was busy digging and shuffling through the grass in front of him, oblivious to my heart aching for Ethan. Tamy's still young to understand how adults had complicated thoughts and his innocent heart should not be tainted so soon.