Chapter 14

<It will be all okay>

"Ellie! Ellie!" I heard Ethan's voice but I continued running. What was the point of stopping? It hurts and the rain was enough to beat away all those numbness I felt emotionally. Rain were gushing down heavily making my clothes sticked to my skin and heavy to run fast. I knew Ethan would catch me because he always did. I felt myself panting and running a little slower before I felt strong arms around my waist stopping me from running completely.

"Ellie, don't cry in the rain, Cry on my shoulders." Ethan said and my legs gave way under me, it went down to the pavement, pulling Ethan along with me. I sat on the floor and Ethan's arms were hugging me tightly. He did not allow me to let go and I did nothing to move out of his embrace. The rain was washing us like a car in the car wash and neither of us cared if our hair or clothes were ruin. A few onlookers stared at us before walking away, shaking their heads. A few looked as if they wanted to offer us umbrella but we were already soaked so it was useless.

"Ethan...." I turned to him and he pressed a finger on my lips. I moved away and before I knew it, I crashed my lips onto his and this time, I deepen the kiss. I knew I shouldn't be doing this considering that Ethan was the prince but he did not seems to care and neither did I. Under the rain, his lips tasted more soft and his hands snake around my waist to bring me closer to him. I let my hands memorize his features by roaming them around his back. It just felt so right and nice.

After the long make out in the streets, which I hope that nobody took a photo or tweet that they saw the prince kissing. But then again, I didn't knew Ethan was the prince when I first met him. So I doubt anyone would knew. We broke off and he said "Shh... don't say a thing, I know what you are thinking." And he kisses me on the forehead lightly. I closed my eyes and I felt water flowing down my cheeks, either rain water or my tears but at the moment, everything seems to stop. It was just Ethan and I. No fears. No worries. No stress. Only love.

Ethan pulled back and said "Meet me in the pouring rain, Kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain." It was one of my favourite Singer, Taylor Swift's Sparks Fly lyrics. I smiled and hugged him. I didn't know how he managed to find out that I love Taylor but he just did. Sometimes it was plain creepy but oh well, that's what I love about him. He seems to know a lot about me though we only knew each other for like few months. He carried me up in the bridal way and I didn't want to fight back. I had no idea since when did I fell so deeply for Ethan and I wondered if it was the right choice to make.

~~~~~~~

"Prince Ethan and Princess Ellie, here's your towel." Mary, my personal helper said and brought us two towels. I was shivering and my fingers felt numb from the cold. Outside, the rain was still on full force and I hoped that we both would not fall sick. Ethan led me into the bedroom and turned on the heater, instantly making me felt warmer because I sat beside it. I tried to make myself felt warmer and placed my frozen fingers above the heater. Ethan did the same for awhile.

"Get changed and come down, Queen Annie needs to talk to us." Ethan said before walking away and closing the door. I peeled off my wet clothes and went into the shower with blasting warm water before slipping into a clean grown that was laying on my bed. I put on an outer short cardigan to keep warm. It fits me perfectly and it was nice enough to enhances my eye colour. I think Mary chose this gown for me, how thoughtful of her. I smiled at the thought. The gown was made of silk and it is turquoise with a hint of pink in them. They say nicely above my knees and a strap to secure the top.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ethan and Ellie, as you know, Erica would be marrying and leaving the palace in a week time." Queen Annie addressed us when everyone was present in the room. I looked around the room, Erica was beaming beside Queen Annie, Queen Nina was sitting beside me on the right and Ethan on the left. But I saw a person on Queen Annie's right, that looks like Ethan, giving us disapproving looks. He didn't seem happy and was constantly eyeing me.