Chapter 9

Over the next two weeks Harry and I barely got any alone time. Nurse Ella was watching us closely and she followed Harry like a dog.  I figured out that she had been the one that saw us, so I tried not to look so disappointed when she came in behind him every day. We hadn't even kissed since that day and the other doctor had taken my chest x-ray.

I was half asleep when the door opened and a stream of light came in. I squinted through the dark, but the light was gone and I couldn't see anything.

"I don't have much time. Ella's on her break."

I immediately recognized the raspy voice as Harry's. I sat up reaching my hands out and a warm hand enveloped my own. The bed dipped as he sat down and he leaned in close to my face.

It was dark, so I could just make out the outline of his face.

"Hey." I breathed.

He nudged his lips against mine, giving me a blissful feeling.

He sucked gently at my lower lip and I moaned quietly. It had been way too long since our last kiss.

"Missed being with you like this." He murmured.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in again. We kissed for close to ten minutes before he stood. "Unfortunately I have to go now. Ella will be back soon." He sighed, cupping my cheek. He pecked my lips three more times before leaving.

Once again I was left alone. I rolled over and fell asleep listening to the sound of my heartbeat on the monitor.

***

Harry's POV

I sat down at my desk with a groan. I had fallen hard for Louis but I couldn't be with him like I wanted to. I couldn't give him everything he needed.

It was a rule that doctors weren't supposed to have relationships with patients. The only time it was allowed was if the relationship happened before they arrived at the hospital as a patient.

Ella was constantly watching me and I was never able to go into Louis' room alone. Even Ally noticed something was up.

She had gotten much weaker over the last few days. She was being pushed around in a wheelchair and she had to have an IV put in to keep her hydrated.

So far she had had six chemotherapy treatments. Her hair was thin and patchy so it wasn't much of a surprise when I came in one day to see a nurse shaving her head.

"It was going to fall out anyways." She had said.

I held her for hours tht day as she cried, then I brought her to Louis' room and she layed between us until she fell asleep.

A knock at the door interupted my thoughts

I cleared my throat. "Come in."

Two men in suits walked in and I gestured to the chairs in front of my desk.

"Gentlemen, how can I help you?" I smiled politley.

"We're here to talk about the Murphy case."

The one on the left adjusted his coat and opened his breifcase, pulling out multiple stacks of paper.

"I've already talked to the police about this." I folded my arms over my chest, leaning back in my leather chair.

"We just need to make sure of a few things. Mr. John Murphy was your patient, correct?"

"Yes."

"I'm going to ask you to please describe, in detail, every second you spent with that man."