Chapter 25

A/N So, it's been been a while *awkward laugh* Sorry! This is short and a filler and I'm sorry if it sucks. /Not edited/ #sorrynotsorry
What do you think of the new cover? uniquelyxlarry made it:)
-Claire ♡

****

A week had passed since Louis got his new heart and he was doing well. I couldn't have been happier, except maybe if Ally was still alive.

I sat up in bed and stretched a bit. Louis grumbled and rolled over, causing the covers to slip down, exposing his bare bum.

I smiled fondly and got up, tucking the covers in around his naked body. I kissed his cheek softly and glanced down at the fresh love bites on his neck.

I got up and took a quick shower, having a sleepy Louis join me about halfway through. He pressed his crotch into my hip and I smirked.

"Aww. Loubear has morning wood." I chuckled.

"Shut up." He shoved my chest weakly.

I smiled and kissed the top of his head and then got down on my knees and proceeded to suck and lick until he came in my mouth.

I got dressed in jeans and a nice button down and grabbed some fresh scrubs for work.

Louis just put on some boxers, knowing that I needed to redress his wound.

He sat down at the table holding one of my tshirts in his tiny hands. I put some toast in the toaster and then grabbed the bandaging kit from the counter.

I peeled off the old bandage and used an alcohol wipe to clean up around his incision. I checked his stitches and then applied the cream before putting a fresh bandage on his chest.

He cupped my cheek and smiled softly after putting my shirt on. I looked up and pecked his lips then went to the stove to start making eggs.

"When are you coming home?" Louis sighed.

I frowned and rolled my shoulders. "Tomorrow morning, unless there's an emergency."

I heard a small whine come from him and then two thin arms were wrapping around my waist. I smiled and flipped the eggs.

"Will you go on a date with me tomorrow night?" I turned around and smiled.

"What?" He furrowed his brow. "Like a date date?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "Dinner. With me. Seven o'clock?" I rubbed my hands up and down his skinny arms. I had been giving him lots a food and he had gained gained a little weight but he was still underweight for his height and age.

"Okay." He nodded with a wide smile. "It's a date." He stretched up on his toes to peck my lips and I hummed. "I love you."

"I love you too." He giggled. "And...I think the eggs are burning."

My eyes widened and I spun around, quickly scooping them onto plates. I plucked the toast from the toaster and put it beside the eggs. I handed him one and we sat down at the table together just like every morning.

When we finished I put the dishes in the dishwasher and he cleaned off the table.

I grabbed my things and left him some money for food on the table before going to where he was lying on the couch and pecking his lips.

He whined and grabbed the back of my neck, making the kiss longer. I kissed back lovingly and then stood up.

"I have to go. Call me if you need anything."

Louis sighed and nodded. "Bye, love you."

"Love you too." I called over my shoulder as I stepped out the door.

I got in my car and drove to the hospital, going into my office and changing into my navy blue scrubs and putting on my white coat and name tag. I did my rounds and then went back to my desk to fill out some paperwork and make my schedule. I tried to mostly work in the early hours of the morning and late at night so I could spend time with Louis, even if it meant I wasn't getting much sleep.

By the time my shift ended I had done six procedures and I was completely exhausted. My eyes drooped as I drove back home.

Louis was still sleeping so I stripped down to my boxers and climbed in behind him. I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

**

"Hazza!"

I blinked my eyes open and huffed at the excited blue eyed boy in front of me.

"Morning." I yawned.

"How was work? Anything interesting?" He propped his head up on his palm and looked at me with a smile.

I sighed, not having the heart the tell Louis I was too tired for a conversation. I forced my eyes open and smiled lazily.

"A baby was born with her heart on the outside of her body. It was growing inside a little sac. I had to put it back in right after she was born. It was incredible."

Louis smiled and shuffled down so we were nose to nose. "Babies are cute. You're cute. You'd make really cute babies."

A surprised laugh escaped me and I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. "Are you trying to ask if we can have a baby?"

"Not right now." Louis scoffed. He was quiet for a minute and he looked down at my nose. "But, like...One day maybe?"

I tilted my chin and pressed our lips together shortly. "Of course, maybe I won't be so busy with work by then." I sighed and reached for his hand, lacing our fingers together. "Now, cuddle with me. I'm sleepy."

Louis giggled and snuggled into my chest happily. I kissed the top of his head and wrapped my arms around him. I slept better at home with my Louis. Just knowing he was safe and sound made me relax. My fingertips just barely touched his chest so I could feel his heartbeat. I smiled softly as I drifted off to sleep once again with Louis in my arms.