Prologue

The school's bell rang through the silent, empty hallways. Signaling for the assembly that will be held in the auditorium, for the principal to announce something important to the students.

All classes were canceled for the day as the students began to come out of their respective classrooms to make their way towards the auditorium. Shuffling, running and pushing each other. That's how these eager teenagers got to the auditorium, while some just walked slowly. But all had one in common, loving the fact that the rest of the classes for the day were canceled.

It was just another day in Red Wood's Public High School. Students from different years piled up in the auditorium soon enough and the auditorium quickly becoming full of the thousands of students piling up. 

Each student going to their group of friends as they search in the mass of people. From jock to nerds, from goths to the cheerleaders, from the teacher's pets to the bad boys and girls, and of course the ones who don't have a group- All piled up in their specific spot in the auditorium that is according to their liking.

The last ones to enter the auditorium ended up standing in the back and sides due to the early birds taking all the seats. Even though some seats are still available it's either reserved for a friend or for their stupid expensive bags and stuff.

 Only the brave ones are the only ones who were strong enough to grab a seat from the popular bratty people, while the weak ones were left to suffer throughout the whole talk to stand in the back. And of course, there's always this one girl that just don't want to fight nor to be found as a weakling...

For example, is Gabrielle Forthworth...

Not strong enough to fight someone for a seat also not going to let anyone step on her because she's the kind of girl where she just prefers to be in peace with everyone but at the same time respect her. Lucky for her, no one really notices her beside her high school bullies that she believes will be a bunch of nobodies when they graduate but still hopes for the best for them.

She is that type of girl where you would just be annoyed at her for her baffling personality.

"Stupid preppy girls and their stupid expensive bags! I will burn those bags with a flamethrower if I could. If only they weren't rich and popular and could get someone to beat me up, I will definitely murder them in their sleep." 

The redhead girl beside Gabrielle hissed quietly but enough for Gabrielle to hear her, as she stared at Maggie Taylor's group sitting in front of them. She looked at the redhead girl with a questioning brow and waited for her to notice her baffled expression before she replies. 

Not long after, the redhead snapped her head to Gabrielle with a frown etched on her freckled face but changed to a bright smile when she saw Gabrielle giving her a puzzled look.

"Oh hi, I didn't see you there!" The redhead greeted her happily as if she didn't just confess murdering the cheerleaders in front of them. Gabrielle just shot her a full-blown smile, happy to know someone is interested in talking to her. The principal wasn't in the auditorium so they still had a few moments to speak if they want.

"Yeah it's fine, I get that a lot. By the way, I'm Gabrielle Forthworth. And you are?" She laid out her hand for the redhead to shake it but instead of taking her hand the redhead stared at it at first then slapped it away, she was about to say something to her when she was suddenly attacked by arms wrapping around her and hugging her tightly while she swayed from side to side.

"I'm Adona Marcus! It's nice to meet you!" Adona introduced herself, still shaking Gabrielle from side to side and still maintaining the hug. Gabrielle could feel some eyes staring at them, probably thinking that they are some weirdos but Gabrielle ignored the looks and responded happily to the chirpy redhead that is hugging her.