Step Nine: Get the Redhead

A low inhuman growl was heard from a mile away. All of their hearts stopped at the bone-chilling growl.

"R-relax, i-t's just a w-wolf," Trina reasoned and tried smiling but it came off weak.

Adona scowled at her but Gabby just looked at her like she had grown another head. "Even if it's just a wolf, we're not exactly superheroes to deal with a damn wolf!" Gabby whisper-yelled.

Andrew glance at the girls, annoyed before started inspecting the paths that may lead them back to the hotel. Once he found a possible route, the silence was broken again by a long howl somewhere in the forest.

"Let's go, girls. Please let's leave we'll look for your sister tomorrow," Andrew said with no room for argument, before starting to walk. The girls followed silently, after the howl it seems like everyone had silently to go to a safe place.

They started tracing back their steps but it proved to be difficult with only the night sky as their light. Somehow all their phones were conveniently left at their rooms. If they were to encounter danger, they have no way to reach help.

Gabby walked a little faster to catch up with Andrew at the front. He didn't seem to look at her and he seems to be focused at finding the right path and looking ahead. She poked his arm and he looks at her, confused. "You know, you can be really cool if you want." She smiled at him and he seems to release some tension because he smiled right back.

"I guess so," He replied simply. It seems like he wasn't the mood to talk, Gabby thought.

She started to slow down a bit to let Andrew be. She didn't want to bother him, especially at a time like this. But before she could be fully behind him, he took her hand and made her walk by his side again. She looks up to him but saw him still looking ahead and not noticing her.

Nonetheless, she can't stop her lips from smiling. His hand engulfed her dwarf-sized hand easily and it was cold. She knew it was because of the cold weather, and she felt bad for taking his jacket because he was probably cold too.

She didn't have to be worried for long, because they saw the light from the hotel. She felt the relief wash over her and based on the sighs that she heard from behind them, they were all relieved to be back.

Once they got to the clearing, Andrew slowly let go of her hand and Gabby hated the feeling of emptiness, but she didn't dwell on it further.

"Gabby can I borrow your charger, my phone will probably die. I was supposed to charge it earlier on, if it weren't for Dora' the explorer's spawns, I would've done it," Adona caught up with her and made sure to make the last part was heard by the two girls behind them.

Of course, Trina was not going to let that pass.

"What'd you say to me, you evil redhead?!" She squealed, stomping towards Gabby and Adona.

Adona and Gabby paused to look behind them, but before Adona could retort, her hair was pulled by Trina. A good chunk of it was in the mean girl's grip and poor Adona being defenceless was pulled by Trina down to the grass.