Step Ten: Namecalling

Was she dead?

That was the first thought that entered Gabby's mind once she felt conscious. When she tried to open her eyes and move her hand, an overwhelming pain greeted her.

Well, that cancels out her theory of being dead.

She was slowly panicking as she tries to remember what happened to her. Everything hurts to the point that she can't even open her eyes. It hurts to even try and it felt heavy. Other parts of her body like her legs were throbbing but she didn't feel any pain, just a dull throb. Her arms hurt the most like it was burned by fire.

It reminded her of her time at the beach three years ago. She stayed too long under the sun and got her skin sunburned. To make the long story short, she was taken by her parents to the hospital and got had to wear an unholy amount of cooling gel all over her body.

From then on, she promised herself not to wear a bikini and fall asleep in the sun ever again.

"W-what is happening t-to me?" Her throat felt super dry and the sound she heard that came out of her own mouth sounded like an old lady that was a hundred years old.

Her eyes were stinging from the fresh tears that were threatening to spill, there was a contracting feeling in her chest and before she knew it, she was crying. She hated what happened to her.

"Calm down, young one. No need to cry," A deep mellow voice resonated.

She frowned, still crying, "H-help m-e please," she managed to croak out. She heard footsteps against the wood. So, she was in a room with wooden flooring? How did she manage to get there? The last she remembers was passing out but before it was all a blur.

"Open your mouth please," She heard the voice whisper to her. A cold, minty breath fanned the skin on her face, she knew that person was closer than she thought.

Feeling hopeless, she carefully opened her mouth. She winced a little because her lips stung, but in the end, she managed. Then she felt a cold gush of liquid pour down in her mouth, it made her choke. She was not prepared to receive such a huge amount of it.

It tasted a bit bitter but it had a sweet aftertaste, it seems like she was drinking some fruit juice – an extremely addicting tasty fruit juice.

What the heck did the person gave her?

Then it stopped. She felt the liquid drip in some corners of her mouth, not having enough, Gabby made sure to lick the drippings. It was so delicious.

"More," She whispered.

"More..."

She felt cold fingers wiped her lips and close her mouth. "Unfortunately, I can't give you any more, young one. Please take this time to rest and we'll talk when you wake."