Step Eight: Run for your Life

"Strolling," Gabby blurted out.

Andrew and Adona were both too stunned to reply as they stared at the two girls that Adona claimed disappeared in the dark areas of the woods. How they got out of there that fast, was beyond them. 

"I should be asking you that! I saw you disappear out there!" Adona finally snapped out of her stunned silence and turned the tables against them. 

Andrew chose to stay silent for this one. Gabby sneak a peek at him and saw that he just had the look of indifference on his face. This was one of the times that confused Gabby the most. She had not known him for that long, but from what she observed from then, is that Andrew likes to chose his battles and has a lot in his mind.

Trina looked at them with disdain while the girl beside her - who they now recognized as Jana Yesman, tried to look intimidating but her whole body was slightly shivering and her eyes were wavering around, avoiding eye contact.

"I thought you were just strolling? How come you saw us?" Trina sassily retorts.

Gabby immediately gripped Adona's wrist to keep her from replying back, "As I said, we were just strolling. Why are you out here by the way?"

Adona nudged Gabby's side as discreetly as she could and Gabby gave her a look and mouthed, "Trust me." In which, Adona just nods and letting her friend handle this one. For now.

This time instead of Trina answering, Jana quickly spoke, "Why do you care?" Her voice had a tension that made them think she was hiding something that they already didn't know.

"We don't," Gabby replied simply.

"Then scadoodle out of here please and don't you dare tell anyone what you saw here or else," Trina's tone had a lilting threat. This seems to spark the redhead beside Gabby. Her patience was running thin.

"Why don't you 'scadoodle" with us then. I promise I won't tell if we all go back together." Gabby made sure to air quote Trina's term of choice for 'leave' and was deadset on going back together before what happened with Jessica and Sophie happens to any of them.

Sure, she might have some villainous tendencies at time, but Gabby didn't want these girls to suffer the same fate, no matter how deserving they are. "Why on earth would we listen to you?" Was Triana's "supposedly" epic response.

"Listen here, you little priss! My friend here, was just concern for you, and your airhead of a friend and this is the response that we get? Fine! Die here for all we care! At least you died doing what you do best, being dumb!" Adona snapped.

Trina's eyes widen in shock before it transformed into one in anger, "You wanna go, you bit*h!" Jana quickly held her arm to keep her from lashing out. While Gabby did the same to the fiery Adona beside her. 

While the girls continued to spew venomous words to each other, Andrew seems to sense something wrong. "Hey, girls we have to leave." He tried to appeal to them but the two seems to be deadset on tearing each other's jugulars.

"Girls!" He tried again and breaking them away but they seem to still not stop. Feeling annoyed, Andrew summoned whatever manly strength he had and screamed at the top of his lungs. "STOP!"

The girls stopped in shock as they turn to Andrew's heaving figure. He rolled his eyes after that got their attention, "We have to go. I don't feel too good staying here." 

Adona and Gabby agreed with him by nodding their heads - they were still shocked by Andrew's earth-shaking voice. They were not prepared at how strong the intensity was. While Jana was shaking and Trina doesn't seem like she would quit anytime soon. 

"You freaks go right on ahead! I will not leave without finding Sophie!" Trina stubbornly said. 

Adona glared at her while Gabby and Andrew just heaved out a heavy sigh. Was it from defeat or tiredness? They both don't know but either way, they were both just done.

"You ungrateful -" Adona didn't get to finish her retort when they heard a growl somewhere in the darkness. The hairs on Gabby's body stood as the goosebumps crawl around her skin. They were now aware of the fact that there might be some predators present with them.

"Did anyone else heard that?" Gabby whispered as her eyes scanned the dark areas of the woods, hoping to see the source of the sound.

Andrew took hold of Gabby's arm, "Don't make any sudden moves..."