Step Seven: Be Stupid

"What happened to you?"

Once Gabby and Andrew walked into the room, Adona quickly tackled her in a hug. At first, she was shocked but responded to the hug. "Nothing much."

"Don't lie to me, I have heard from a lot of birds here, you know." 

She chuckled, and in the end, caved into Adona's pleads and told her what happened. Andrew stayed silent and occasionally nods when he was pointed out during the story. Gabby found herself being amused by Adona's reactions. It was truly entertaining. She stared at Gabby with childlike wonder.

After telling her story, Adona was left speechless. They were comfortably seated in Gabby's bed while Andrew sat in Adona's bed. He seems like he wants to give the girls some space and let them catch up on each other. She even told her all her experiences from the previous nights.

"I know it is hard to believe but that's what happened...I hope you won't make fun of me too," Gabby made sure to leave out the part when she found the gold necklace. She could still feel it in her pocket, digging in the skin of her thigh.

Hopefully, nothing wrong happens to her by keeping it. 

"Is that why you always glare at me when we wake up?" Adona asked, and Gabby looked sheepish.

"You are a loud snorer." 

They heard a snort behind them and Adona glared at the red-faced Andrew, he seems like he was trying to be polite by trying to stop himself from laughing. While Gabby watched them amusedly. 

"What are you laughing at...Nerd!" Adona narrowed her eyes at Andrew, who in return scoffs at her.

"Am not!" Was Andrew's comeback. 

Gabby just chuckled at their banter before looking behind her. The castle looked quite beautiful during the sunset. Romantic even. The skies were in orange, lavender, and blue. The clouds looked fluffy. The old castle looked beautiful in the light. 

"You snore for crying out loud! How am I the worse here?" Gabby heard Andrew argued back. 

At least now, Gabby felt like she could sleep peacefully knowing that she told her worries to others and she did cry about it earlier. She was thankful for meeting Andrew because he was a great listener and offered her comfort when she doesn't know she needed it.

She felt like her head was ten times lighter, also the restrictive feeling in her chest was gone. She could breathe freely again. The castle doesn't seem to intimidate her as much as it did before. For once, things were starting to brighten up again and she was grateful.

"Okay, you guys stop. Come on, let's have dinner!" Gabby broke the two who almost look like they would have a slap fight. 

🧛‍♂🧛‍♂🧛‍♂🧛‍♂