Step Eleven: Punch him in the Pickle

"Get the heck away from me!" Gabby yelled quickly and ran towards the door. She tried to open it but it seems to be locked. She glanced at him and saw him still being in the same position as before, he looked at her, still with amusement.

Gabby felt her heart beating loudly against her chest, the cold hand of fear gripped her spine. "Please...Don't hurt me," She pleaded, her voice was shaky.

He walked closer to her in long strides, and Gabby feared for her life. She immediately closed her eyes and clutched the doorknob on her hands tightly. Then she felt a cool breath on her face, "Open your eyes, don't ever let your enemy see that you're afraid."

She huffed, "No thanks, I'd rather die and feel like it was all a dream than watching my death."

Cool fingers glided over her eyelids, making her shiver. "Open them."

Gabby still didn't open them – she was really stubborn. It was one of her known traits.

"I won't. You're not really reassuring me of my safety anyways."

He released a soft chuckle, "I'd rather not promise you anything I would not know if I can keep."

She opened her eyes and glared at him; he was smiling at her with a glint on his eyes. His fangs were still out, and it was not helping her get over her fear of him. "See? I didn't harm you.... yet."

He took a step away from her before speeding at the bed and sitting down. He literally was so fast that Gabby thinks he is a relative of speedy Gonzales. Her mouth was wide open, for the second time that day.

"H-how on e-earth?"

"Questions later, I need to restore your memories first. This is getting rather tedious." He nonchalantly waved his hand in the air.

If the situations were different, Gabby would've rolled her eyes at his arrogance. He acts like he is from some royal household. She inspected his outfit and it screamed anything but royalty. A black coat and a red vest, a black silk collared shirt under it, with pin-striped pants that had the white lines barely visible from how thin it lined the black.

"Look at me," She heard him say, deviating her attention on his weird outfit. Once their eyes met, his eyes seemed to brighten up for a millisecond before it came back to normal. If she weren't paying attention, she would've missed it.

Then all of a sudden, all of the memories washed over her. It overwhelmed her to the point where she found herself falling to the ground, her breaths were coming in short and she felt like her whole world was spinning.

The fight.

Her friends.

The overwhelming pain.

She looked down at herself and the condition of her clothes, now actually makes sense. What doesn't make sense to her is that, why is there no pain or wounds. She inspected her body for any wounds or even a tiny bruise, just to make sure that it was all real – but she found none.