10

»One week later«

       I sat awkwardly in the car with Mark on the way to the airport to drop him off for his flight back to California. It has been really awkward ever since he confessed that he likes me. I tried to keep him entertained while he was here, but I still had to do my job. And every time I had to bring him with me on the job, I always felt this weird tension between him and Jungkook. So I tried to avoid bringing him to work. I felt bad that we couldn't enjoy more time together while he was here, but I'm also glad the awkwardness between us will be gone soon. I wish things would go back to the way they were when were were just happy little kids and best friends, not best friend and one-sided crush.

"Oh, we're here." Mark caught my attention and I looked out the window to see that we were in fact at the airport.
We both got out of the cab and I almost got smashed by another cab that rushed by, but Mark quickly pulled me back, making things awkward since his hand was still on my hip.

I cleared my throat and he removed his hand "Uh, thanks." I pushed my hair back behind my ear.

"No problem. Can't let my favorite girl get run over." He smiled. I smiled at the fact that he still will call me his favorite girl. He used to call me that when we were in high school.

We both walked across the busy little roadway to the main entrance of the airport and stopped walking once we got to the sidewalk. "So, I guess this is goodbye for a while?" Mark broke the silence first.

I looked up at him and nodded my head "Yeah. I'm not sure when I'll be going back to L.A." I sighed. I really will miss him, even if our situation as best friends got kind of awkward.

"Can I have a bear hug?" He asked, remembering the hugs we always used to give each other. We called them bear hugs because he is so much taller than me and practically engulfs all of me when we hug.

I smiled and opened my arms, instantly engulfed in his embrace. I missed his hugs. "I'll miss you Mark." I said as we hesitantly let go of each other.

He smirked "Can I have a goodbye kiss?" He asked.

I widened my eyes "W-what?"

He pointed to his cheek "A goodbye kiss, right here."

I inwardly sighed in relief and smiled "Of course." I stood on the tips of my toes while he bent down enough so I could reach, and planted a kiss on his cheek.

He put his hand on his chest and playfully pretended to be swooning over the kiss "Omo, my heart is flying." I hit his chest but couldn't help laugh at his reaction. This is the Mark that I missed this whole trip, the playful, joking Mark who never failed to make me smile.

After I was done laughing I straightened up a little bit "Okay, in all seriousness you're going to miss your flight."

His smile dropped a little, but he kept it even though I could see deep sadness in his eyes "I know. I guess I should get going now."

My smile faded a little bit as well "Yeah, you probably should. I will come back to L.A. soon. I don't really know when, but soon hopefully. Until then, take care of my mother please?" I asked.

He nodded before blowing me a kiss "Goodbye Mi Mi."
I pretended to catch it and slip it in my pocket "Goodbye Marcus." I called him by his full name as he disappeared into the giant sea of people inside the airport.

       I felt a little sad that our friendship felt different and wasn't like it used to be. I wish we could go back to us bickering like old people and goofing off with each other. But Mark liking me made everything awkward, and I don't like it.