15

"Mi-Cha! What the heck are all of these articles for?! You've barely been there for a month and you're supposedly dating a star!" My best friend Jayde yelled through the phone. I had to pull the phone away from my ear a little bit.

"Nice to hear your voice as well." I said, seeing as she was eager to talk about my life in Korea.

"Oh please, skip the formalities already! Fine, I miss you a bunch and you are very missed here. Now... tell me what is going on!" She burst out suddenly.

I sighed, but smiled to myself. I can finally be the one to talk about boys with her. It's usually me who is listening to her talk about her latest crush, "Well, I wasn't planning on telling anybody about this yet..." I let my words hang in the air and smiled even wider when she got impatient.

"Mi-Cha, spit it out or I will find a way to get my hand through this phone and force it out of you myself!"

I laughed at her statement. It felt good to talk to her after receiving that news yesterday, "Well.... I'm dating Jungkook from BTS."

She laughed on the other side and started to squeal, "I knew you'd end up with an idol!! I knew it! MI-CHA THIS IS YOUR FIRST BOYFRIEND!"

"Calm down Jayde, I'm just as excited, if not more excited! But, there are conditions to me telling you this information. You are NOT allowed to tell a single soul! Jungkook and I decided to wait to release it to the public for a little while. At least until things calm down a little bit." I told her.

She sighed, "You realize that things won't calm down while dating an idol, right Mi-Cha? There are some crazy ass fans out there! And... what about your.... condition? This could really cause you major stress. I already saw another story about you being tripped in the airport, and that could happen a lot more, or even worse! Mi-Cha-"

I cut her off "Jayde, that is another reason I called you..." I trailed off while taking a deep breath. I shifted in the chair I was sitting in, peeking across the studio to see Jungkook messing around with the rest of BTS. They were about to get interviewed on a show and were just waiting. I hated the fact that I had to hide this from him, and I have no idea when I will ever tell him, or IF I will tell him.

"Mi-Cha, I already know. Your mother told me." Jayde's voice quieted down. I could hear the hurt in her voice. Not hurt that I didn't tell her personally, but hurt for me.

I hate it when people do this. The pity has come for the many years that I've had this condition. Another reason I hesitate to tell people that I have a heart condition is because of the instant pity that they have for me, even Jayde and Mark still have a little bit of pity for me, but I love them anyway, "So.... the mystery is finally solved. At least I know what it is now." I sighed.

"What was it called again? I can't really pronounce it right." She laughed lightly, softening the mood a little.

"Eisenmenger Syndrome. The reason they had such a hard time figuring out what I have is because this disease is still being researched." I tried not to go into too much detail for the sake of Jayde's blonde tendencies. If I get too technical on her, she starts to zone out.

I can picture her frowning right now, "Oh. Is there any sort of cure?" She asked hopefully.

I slouched into my chair, "Not yet. There are only a few things that would just improve my health and keep it from affecting me. But I'll have to give up some things."

"Things like what?" She asked.

"Probably dancing...." I trailed off. We danced together on a dance team for two years and she knows how serious I was about considering going to college for dance instead of choosing to become a makeup artist. But of course I would have never been where I am now.