16

I sat nervously in BTS' waiting room, for once being on the receiving end of the makeup artist. Today was the day that Jungkook and I would do the couple's dance, and I was actually beyond nervous. I typically never got nervous at dance recitals, and I even once competed in an international competition that was recorded and shown live. But this was something different. This is only being broadcast in South Korea, but the fact that I am dancing on a stage where hundreds of kpop idols and other performers have performed, was enough to make my heart continuously race. I tried to keep my legs from bouncing as the hair stylist and makeup artist finished up my look. Jungkook and the rest of BTS were currently on the red carpet that they have before the show, so that is giving me enough to change into my dancing outfit.

 Jungkook and the rest of BTS were currently on the red carpet that they have before the show, so that is giving me enough to change into my dancing outfit

       I quickly headed to the restroom to change once they were done with my hair and makeup. I carefully slipped on the long sleeve black sequin top with the matching high waist black sequin shorts. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed for the first time that the shorts had silk ribbon laced up the sides along the hips, like the back of a corset. They are definitely going for the sexy concept. I wonder what Jungkook will think of the outfit, yet alone all other men in the world who watch our dance. Being in this outfit made me feel sexy, yet insecure all at the same time. What if I look all chubby in this outfit? I mean I'm 5'2 and have a petite frame, but people can be harsh when it comes to a person's size.

       Another thought popped into my head as I slipped on the black suede knee high boots that went with the outfit. What if people recognize me? I've been seen in the media with Jungkook, so people will surely recognize me. And I will also confuse them as well. Am I their makeup artist or backup dancer? I sighed and pushed all doubts out of my head for the time being. I agreed to this, and I will not back down. Just think of the satisfaction you will have once you finish this dance! This will most definitely be your last dance until you can get back into it someday, so it is an amazing stage to be able to finish on. You can even have your mom watch this performance on YouTube since she wasn't able to come to any recitals the past few years because of Papa being sick and passing away. I bet he is even watching up in heaven, proud of what you have accomplished since his passing away.

       I smiled at all of those thoughts. Those factors alone made it all worth it. Plus, I get to dance with Jungkook one last time. I took a deep breath before slowly walking back down the hallway towards BTS' dressing room. I could feel a few stares as I walked by people, undoubtedly all kpop stars. I then heard someone yell my name and I looked around for the female voice that I heard.

"Mi-Cha! Over here!" The voice yelled again.

I spotted hands waving above a group of people standing in the hallway. I saw the person squeeze through the crowd, to reveal Tzuyu walking towards me. She was the second person I really got to know besides Sana when I did TWICE's makeup, "Oh, hello Tzuyu! How are you?" I asked as she came and hugged me.

"I'm doing fine. I should be asking you that! What are you doing tonight?" She asked as she looked me up and down with a confused expression.

I laughed, "Funny thing, I am doing a couple's dance during BTS' House of Cards performance tonight.