Chapter 8

Jace POV
***************

A distraction. That's what she was. I didn't need a distraction in my life right now.

But God...she's...just...so...

Fuck!

What the hell is happening to me?

Ever since I crashed into her that day, she's all I've been able to think about. She was constantly on my mind, every fucking minute of every fucking day. She'd pop out of nowhere and when I finally forgot about her.....
I'd see that smile at school.

I wanted to hate her...
I wanted to shut her up...
But then she laughed...
And I wanted to...

I groaned. I hated this.
She..It..was so complicated. I sighed, passing my hands through my hair. I could use a cigarette right now... maybe even some of that stuff Damon was supposed to bring for me.

Where was he? I checked my phone.
No new messages.

I shot a glimpse at Cali. She had a worried expression on her face. I was about to ask her what was wrong, when she shot her hand in the air.

"Yes Miss Hale?" Phase asked.

"Could I be excused from the last ten minutes of class please? I need to get uh...home. My..uh..my um..dad! He's not well, I just want to get home as fast as possible, you know?"

I mean I knew she couldn't lie, but this bad?

With an understanding and sympathetic look on his face, Phase nodded and ushered towards the door.

And the fucking asshole believed her!

She was up to something. But what?
She was innocent. Maybe a bit too innocent, but I was curious.

I got up, ready to exit the classroom when Phase cleared his throat.

"And where are you going Mr. Michaels?"

I glared at him through the corner of my eye.

"Out!" I exclaimed and left the classroom.

And do you know what this jackass did?

He followed me!

"Now listen hear Mr. Michaels, you can do that with other teachers but not me!"

I was about to punch him right in his witch ass nose when a giggle came from around the hall. We both looked in its direction. Phase took off down the hall, ignoring me, along with half the class-who i'm guessing, all came just to see me beat his ass.

I followed the pack of gossip hungry dogs, down the hall and in front of a smiling Cali on top of Damon, whose lips were puckered.

At that moment all I saw was red. I just wanted to pounce on Damon.

Why?

I don't fucking know!

After Phase made a stupid remark about being love sick, the bell rang and the entire class, along with Phase, dispersed, eager to go home.

The crowd cleared, revealing Cali and Damon, who were now standing. The death stare I gave Damon must've been frightening because next thing I knew, Cali was trying to calm me down.

"What's gotten into you sour puss?"

I didn't even glance her way. If I did, I would've softened and I did not want that right now.

Deciding not to murder Damon today, I sormed off past him, ensuring I smacked into his shoulder....hard!

As I was about to exit the school, I heard footsteps catching up to me.