Chapter 9

I opened the door to my house and dragged my sore body across the room, flopping onto the living room couch.

I hate school days.

More or less, any day that I was required to wake up early and be productive.

Which idiot created school and education anyways?

Taking those drugs didn't help either.
Its been two weeks.....two entire weeks, since that unpleasant..sniff, and I still felt like crap.

The headaches were escalating and the hallucinations were still there. My memories of that day were fuzzy..but I kept remembering something about flying. Everytime I questioned Jace, Mandy and Damon about it they would just side step the question.

But I kept thinking, why would Damon even think about taking that?

That moment, Susana walked in and practically threw herself on the other sofa.

"Hi," she groaned.

"Long day?" I groaned back.
She nodded silently and we both lay there in awkward silence for another minute.

The tension between us was strong. I still a bit sceptical about her 'i want to get to know you' story.

"I-" we both began in unison.

She smiled, "Could I go first?"

Assuming myself in a sitting position, I nodded.

She took a deep breath before beginning.
"Cali, I cannot change the past. I am tuly sorry and I know that saying sorry a hundred times can't make up for leaving you, but...." she paused, "I really wish you would please give me another chance."

There was a long silence.

Am I willing to give her a second chance?

Yes, she left me. Yes, I hated her for it. But...she was my mother and everyone deserves a second chance.
Right?

I got up and sat next to her.

"I-I really want to...but I don't want you to leave me again..."

Her face melted and she pulled me into a big hug. My body stiffened. The feeling was so...unusual, yet so... amazing.
She smelt like a bouquet of roses and her embrace was....comforting.

Slowly my limp arms rose and returned the embrace. Soon, my grip on her tightened and I never wanted to let go. I couldn't help the tear that trickled down my cheek.
So this I what I've been missing for the past thirteen years.

Susana passed her hands through my hair and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart...I promise you...that will never happen again," she said pulling away.

I pulled her back in.

"Don't let go just yet."

*********

"Okay...so..I'm guessing our tastes are completely different, but...I assure you, you will love this. They have about four seasons on Netflix...if we start now..we'll finish soon-ish."

Susana raised her eyebrows weirdly.
"And what exactly is this, Wolf Teen?"

I gasped at her.  "How dare you disrespect my fandom like that, it's called Teen Wolf and it is the best thing that has ever happened to mankind."
(note..this is my fandom..I love to hear opinions but I will NOT TOLERATE any disrespect towards Teen Wolf..anyhow..back to the story..xoxo😅)