Chapter 10

It was utter chaos!

My room was a total mess. Summer dresses were draped across my mini sofa and tank tops drenched my entire floor. Various shoes were stuffed under the bed, none of which were with their correct pair.

"Oh my God. You cannot wear that disgusting looking dress to the party. You'll be with me. I can't have people thinking I hang out with a homeless person," Mandy protested, throwing my freshly ironed shorts on the floor.

"What?!" I threw my hands in the air miserably.

"I've been trying on outfits for the past hour and you haven't even smiled at one. What's wrong with this one?"

She screwed up her face and let out a sigh of disgust.
"It looks like something Kanye West would design."

I rolled my eyes at her.
"Listen, who cares about this party. It doesn't matter how you look."

Mandy choked on the orange juice she was drinking.
"Doesn't matter how you look? Listen babe, there are going to be like a million guys there...cute guys."

"So?"

She stomped her foot in frustration.
"Sooo.." she huffed, "you need to look good to impress them."

Now it was my turn to huff.
"It doesn't matter what a girl wears, it's her personality and brains that count."

She walked over to me and began unzipping the fitted floral dress I had on.
"Well babe, unfortunately a guy can't see your brains or personality..now stop your whining and let's get you into something tight."

I wasn't even going to fight her on this.

One hour and eighteen outfits later, we were ready to go. Mandy had put me in a tight jeans shorts; which I had demanded be slacker, and a black lace top that itched my skin terribly. When I told her about it, all she said was..
'beauty is pain'.
She did my makeup lightly, with a little mascara and some eyeliner and my only acessory was a simple pair of silver earings that I had gotten from dad. As for shoes, she couldn't change a thing.

I wore my converse.

Mandy however was dressed to perfection. She wore a fitted nude dress that almost reached her knees with a long slit on both sides that showed her creamy skin. Her makeup was heavy, but flawless and she topped it all of with a pair of strapped heels and a gold necklace.

I looked her up and down warily.
"Isn't a dress a bit to fancy for a high school party?"

She winked at me.
"Easy access!" With that she rushed downstairs, urging me to follow.

I'm guessing that boy she told me about was going to be there.

I trailed after her, waving goodbye to Susana and dad; who let me go free surprisingly; and got in her car.

"This top is so ichy," I whined, scratching my neck.

She sent me an annoyed glance.
"You drive," she comanded, throwing the keys, "I need to put on some more makeup."

I got in the car and drove off to the party, glancing at Mandy every now and then.

I swear, anymore makeup and she'll pass for a clown!

*********

Mandy strutted into the party confidently and I followed suit. It was only ten and there were already drunk partiers lying across the floor and stumbling on each other.

The music blasted out from the speakers and girls were dancing on the kitchen counter.

I have to admit though, Aron Marai has to really love cleaning because this house was going to be a mess in the morning.