Chapter 13

"Times up! Pass all papers to the front and you may leave." announced Mr. Paul. I did as he instructed and turned to Mandy, who was playing with her hair and giggling uncontrollably. She got up and flipped her luxurious hair, hiking her skirt up just a tad, and making her way over to Mr. Paul.

I rolled my eyes. It's never going to happen. Deciding that Mandy was busy, I turned to Jace. He rolled his eyes at me. I had annoyed him until he finally caved. I forced him to take the exam. I smirked at him and turned in my seat. By now, everyone was out of class and Mandy was still talking to Mr. Paul.

"So...how was the exam?" I chirped. He folded his arms.

"Whether or not I took that exam, I would have failed. I just wasted two hours of my time."

I rocked back in my seat and sighed.. "You'll do fine!"

He rolled his eyes again. I squinted at him. "One day your eyes would stick right there!"

He did it again and I chuckled.

He got up and headed for the door. "I'm gone! I got some things to take care off!"

I nodded and just sat there, waiting for Mandy and slowly dazing off. I thought about Susana.

What I had heard Saturday was confusing. I didn't exactly know what I had heard and so my emotions were mixed. One emotion that made itself quite clear though was anger. To think I was beginning to actually enjoy her company. Actually beginning to enjoy my mother. Susana thought I hated her before? Oh just she wait!

Whatever she was doing with that boy was no good. I had to find out what it was! I had to know if dad and I would be okay. He did show a gun and I was not taking any chances.

"Cali! Cali!"

I shook myself out of my thoughts and turned to the voice. Mandy was bouncing weirdly.

"We don't have to see these bitches from school in like two weeks! Let's hit the bars."

"You know we're only seventeen right?" She winked at me.

"I know..." she began slyly, "but...my boyfriend is having a small get together and there's gonna be booze!"

I stared at her open-mouthed! Boyfriend?

She grinned widely at me. "Yes, I know what you're thinking...who is it? when did you meet? well...its the guy that I was telling you about the morning after you were drugged...remember?"

How could I forget!

"The one that stood you up?"

She nodded shyly. "He's changed!"

I smiled at her and beckoned for her to lean down to meet my level. She did so and I wasted no time in grabbing her by the ear and giving it a hard twist. She jumped back in pain.

"Ow..what was that for?" I pointed my finger at her.

"Once a jackass, always a jackass!"

She scoffed. "And Jace?"

I shifted weirdly in my seat." That's not fair!" I warned her.

She folded her arms and stood back dazed. "How isn't that fair? Even if you guys aren't together, you hang out a lot. Its really awkward for me. You know what happened between the both of us! Plus its like i'm losing my best friend."

I softened and got up to give her a hug. "Okay, no boy is coming between us!"

She smiled, "Party?"

'Remember what happened last time you partied Cali!' My conscience reminded me.

"Party!" I replied.