Chapter Twenty-Four

Andy|

"I'm telling you guys. It was so f-cking romantic and fun. All we did was make love and explore Venice. I didn't want to come back." Lin had been gushing about her honeymoon with Jenny ever since she got back, and she had been back home for a solid three days. At first, it was cute and I wanted to know all the details. But after hearing the same sh-t repeatedly, it was getting annoying. We get it. You're in love.

"No offense, Lin, but you've told us this a million times. We know everything about your honeymoon so you can stop boasting," I grumbled as I looked down at my phone. Still no text back from Delaney. I rolled my eyes and focused on my friends who were shocked by my sudden bluntness.

"Damn. You've been really grumpy lately," Rafael teased me as he went to pinch my cheeks. I smacked his hands away from my face and he chuckled. "Really, though? What's gotten into you?"

"Andy's just mad because she hasn't seen Delaney all week," Leo accurately stated.

Even though Leo knew exactly what was up with me, I ignored her statement. The last time I saw Delaney in person was last Saturday and it was Saturday once again. I wasn't the clingy type. Being in a gang, I was always busy so being clingy wasn't an option. This week, however, I had a little more free time. I wanted to spend it with Delaney, but unfortunately, she was never available. There was always some stupid excuse about how she had to hang out with her friends. Her excuses were getting repetitive, irritating and questionable. So of course, I've been a bit agitated lately. I missed her.

I looked down at my untouched food and slammed down my fork. Why was she dodging me? Did I f-ck up? I didn't remember doing anything to piss her off. This sh-t was driving me crazy. "Wait, what's going on with you and Delaney," Lin asked.

"It's nothing," I muttered as I looked around the dim restaurant. Everyone else were enjoying their food with their family, friends and dates and then there was me. A f-cking loser who could barely get a text back from her girlfriend. With further annoyance, I pushed my plate away from me.

"Come on. If you don't talk about it with someone, it's just going to get worse. I thought you two were doing good. You two disappeared at the reception so I thought that was a good sign," Lin continued to pry.

"Are you never going to let me live down leaving the reception? There were hundreds of other people there, Lin. I'm sure my absence didn't ruin your precious day," I spoke bitterly. Lin was really trying to help me out but I was being a d-ck. I couldn't help how I was feeling. I was basically pissed at everyone for no f-cking reason.

"Okay, whatever. Let's drop the reception thing and let's focus on you and Delaney. She's a good girl. So, what did you do." Lin was joking, in a way, but I knew there was some truth to her question. Of course, I'm the one who had somehow f-cked up something. But I really didn't know what.

"I didn't do anything. She's always with her friends, which is fine, but at the same time, she always cancels our plans. For example, I asked her what she was doing today and she said she was going to have a spa day with Tyra. It's always a f-cking excuse for us not to get together. And you know, maybe I'm reading too much into it. I'm sure it's nothing, but when we're together it's like she's in a whole different world. When she's with me, she always on her phone and texting some guy named Camilo."

My three best friends all stopped eating and I got their undivided attention with that last sentence. It felt a little better to get out my thoughts to my friends, but it also made me feel even more like a f-cking loser. "But it's not a big deal," I tried to brush it off without looking like too much of an idiot.