Chapter Forty-Five

"You know what really bugs me?" My brother who was sitting beside me and casually wiping salsa off his shirt looked up at me with raised eyebrows. I had been complaining for the past three days and unfortunately Camilo and my friends were the ones who had to hear me run my mouth. He was being patient with me at least. We were watching a movie in my living room in peace and of course, I had to open my mouth to complain about Andy for at least a few minutes.

"What bugs you," he asked before stuffing a chip covered in salsa into his mouth.

"It's the fact that she only said, 'I'm sorry.' As if that was going to magically make everything better. And then when I didn't accept that, she was automatically like, 'Whatever.' So, apparently, she wasn't sorry from the beginning. She was just saying it to say it. That 'whatever' really f-cked me up. My feelings are whatever to her? That's f-cking crazy, 'Milo."

"That is indeed f-cking crazy," Camilo responded back with a nod of his head.

"I swear to baby Jesus that she has me f-cked up! I think the only thing she heard me say was, 'I should've known better.' Obviously, that struck a nerve or an insecurity but that's not my fault. She wouldn't feel that way if she knew she was doing the right things to be a good girlfriend. The whole situation annoys me so f-cking much. She's been so sh-tty. I just want to rip my f-cking hair out."

I aggressively dipped my chip into the salsa and it broke into pieces. Out of impulse and frustration, I threw the container of salsa across the room. "F-ck!" Camilo stared at me with his mouth wide open as I crossed my arms. I was fuming and I could tell he didn't know how to react. Hot tears ran down my cheeks and I swallowed hard. She hasn't called or texted in four days and it was f-cking me up. It was like she didn't care. "Man, I swear if she's with someone else."

Camilo carefully got up from the couch and grabbed the can of salsa from the floor. "She's a scrub," he said simply as he wiped up my mess with a paper towel. "Well, she's not a scrub because she's rich as f-ck but she's a dick."

"But she's not supposed to be. She's supposed to be my little bebé. It's like a demonic spirit entered and reprogrammed her." I pouted before covering my face with my hands. I hated to act like a melodramatic child but I couldn't help it. I hated the fact that I was being so vulnerable and f-cking pathetic about the situation but my feelings were strong and conflicting.

"I don't want to leave her. It's not like she's an asshole 24/7, only when she's drunk. I can deal with her getting high but the drinking turns her into someone else and I hate it. She never remembers so to her it's not a big deal, but to me it's a deal breaker. It could easily be fixed if she just slowed down. I'm not even asking her to quit completely. She just needs to know her limits. Am I wrong or am I being unfair? Be honest with me, Camilo."

Camilo was about to open up his mouth to answer me, but my rant continued. "I don't want to lose her over this. I don't want to be the girl that goes, 'She's the best thing that's ever happened to me.' But, in a way, she sort of is. Before she came around I was living here with Mia feeling like I had no purpose. I went through some sh-t that even you don't know about but she does. She knows stuff that not even Mia knows. She's part of this new journey I'm on and she's the staple. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have the opportunity to know Shawn and practice medicine right now. What sucks is that I actually think I want to be a doctor for the De Palma Family but if we break up, I feel like that's done for. And then her friends, I love them. They became my friends as well so if I lose her, I lose them. It's like a big chunk of my current life is just going to drift away and I'm not ready for that. But I'm also not willing to stay in a toxic ass relationship. During the day, she's sober, funny, romantic and sweet but at night she turns into a f-cking diabla."