Behind the mask

Hopefully you guys will like this chapter, I sort of just threw this together after the idea came into my head so im sorry if it seems short and tell me what you think.

It had been a week since Angel's group returned to the mansion and things had been much livelier for Y/n. It didn't take him long to get used to Angel and the others but over the week Y/n kept noticing Jackie occasionally stare at him or follow him around like a stalker and she never took her mask off which began to bug him.

Y/n Pov

As I made my way into the kitchen to get some snacks I came across Jane looking to do the same. "Hi Jane." "Oh Hey Y/n, what's up?" she asked "Not much, just looking for something to eat." "Good luck with that there isn't much left..." Jane said as she rummaged through the cupboards. It didn't surprise me that there wasn't much left, with twice as many mouths to feed the food went twice as fast so I took the chance to ask Jane if she knew what's been going on with Jackie. "Jane, can I ask you something?" "Sure, what's on your mind?" she asked closing the cupboard and turning her attention to me. "Do you have any idea why Jackie has been following me around and staring at me lately?" Jane seemed to think a bit before replying. "Maybe she wants your kidneys." she said plainly. "I'm not falling for a trick like that again, I'm being serious here." "So am I..." Jane replied slightly annoyed. "Wait what? Why?" "Unlike everyone else she's technically a demon of sorts, you'll have to get her to explain it all but to put it simply her favourite food is kidneys." Jane explained calmly. "You can't be serious..." "Like I said, I'm serious. I don't think she will just attack you but I'd keep my wits about me if I were you just to be safe. But you could always try talking to her about it." she suggested. "And if she decides she's hungry?" "Then it was nice knowing you." Jane said with a smile trying to tease me. "Thanks..." I replied sarcastically. "Just talk to her, besides I don't know if that's really the case it was just a guess." she said. Jane wasn't wrong, it probably was best to talk to Jackie before there were any misunderstandings. "Alright, I'll go talk to her. Do you know where she is?" "She's probably in the living room watching TV, if she's not there then I don't know." she said shrugging her shoulders. "Alright, thanks Jane. I'll speak to you later." "Ok see ya Y/n." she said before going back to searching for something to eat as I made my way to the living room in search of Jackie. I slowly opened the door and peeked in the room and lucky for me she was in there, wearing her blue mask as usual.

Before I went in I had to figure out what to say to her, I wasn't sure how to go about it all until it finally hit me....Literally. I felt someone hit my head from behind and turned to see Jackie staring at me. "Why are you just stood out here?" she asked. "I wanted to know if you would spar with me for a bit in the gym?" "Why not ask Jess?" She asked. "Because Jill has been pissing Jess off all week and I'd rather not be on the receiving end of all that rage." I said sweat dropping at the idea. "*Giggles* that's true. Ok I'll join you." she said. "Ok great lets go." I said as I lead the way to the gym. As we walked I could feel her gaze burning a hole in the back of my head making me feel really uncomfortable. We finally got to the gym room and thankfully it was empty so we would get to talk in peace. Once we got into the ring we both got into position but she seemed way too focused. "Hey Jackie do you uhh want to start it off easy, I'd rather not get my ass handed to me straight away..." "Um ok, I just thought you would want to go all out." she said. "Well I kind of want to talk while we spar, if that's ok?" "Umm sure." she said. We began to exchange blows, blocking and dodging each other's attacks, it was more of a warm up than a sparring match. "Can I ask why you've been following and staring at me all week?" I asked getting straight to the point "I don't know what you're talking about. "She said but I knew she was a bit startled by the question and pressed on. "Jackie, I might not be as sharp as you guys but I know when I'm being watched or followed. And why do you always wear your mask?"