A secret test

It's finally here! BUT I am really on the fence about the chapter to be honest. I've written about 4 or 5 routes this chapter could have taken (the word doc is like 8k words) but this is the one I went with so thoughts on it are appreciated. Hopefully 2 months away from this didnt leave me too rusty :/ but I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

Thankfully Clockwork was lying in her bed with her arm covering her eyes so it seemed safe to enter. Her room was dark, the curtains were closed and the lights were off but seeing as the sun was still up there was still some light piercing through the curtains. As I went in I left the door partially open so the others could get in faster but as I was about to step away from the door Clockwork spoke. "Can you close the door?" she asked with a hint of annoyance in her tone. Not wanting to aggravate her I did as she asked and closed it putting me a little more on edge. "So Clockwork uh....how are you doing?" I asked unsure of how to start. "I'm Fine." She plainly responded. "You seem a Honestly I'm fine Y/n." she insisted. "Then look me in the eye and tell me that". Clockwork stayed silent as though she was ignoring me but that told me more than enough. "That's what I thought." I said as I walked over and sat next to her. "Can you just go? I don't feel like talking anymore." She said as she turned her back to me. "Nope. You can either turn around and talk to me or I'm going to keep bugging you." I said but she stayed silent again. I sighed as I got off her bed and walked to window to open her curtains. I was slightly blinded by the sudden rush of light entering the room but quickly adjusted to it. I turned around to speak to Clockwork again but she wasn't on her bed anymore. Before I could react I felt a pair of arms grab me around my stomach from behind.

Clockwork had snuck behind me when my back was turned and grabbed me from behind pulling me close as she rested her head against my back. Admittedly my heart was going crazy as I wasn't sure if she was having a tick or not but seeing as she wasn't twitching or anything I assumed I safe for now. "Finally feel like talking?" I asked trying not to sound nervous. "What do you think of us?" Clockwork suddenly asked leaving me confused. "You mean you and the other girls?" I asked to clarify to which she nodded. "Hmm..." I paused as I thought about what to say then continued. "I think you all are amazing to be honest. Sure you all have your quirks and....Psychotic tendencies but I think I'm a lucky guy to have been able to meet you all. And it might not have been on the best of terms but everything worked out. To be honest I was surprised when I first came here, every girl in this house was sexy hell to put it bluntly. But to top it off you weren't all these mindless blood crazed freaks, you actually care and look out for each other like a big family. And like any family you have your fights but ultimately stick together and even allowed someone like me to become part of it. I owe you girls a lot which is why I want to help you right now." I turned to Clockwork and grabbed her by the shoulders and was about to continue but I noticed her twitch slightly making me stop in my tracks. "C-clockwork?" I said hoping I was mistaken and she was still ok but she never answered. As I carefully went to back away she suddenly spoke. "You really do know how to flatter a girl don't you?" she said before grabbing me by the shirt and pulling me close. "I really love that about you~" she whispered then pushed me away making me stumble back and fall onto the bed. I looked to Clockwork in surprise, her demeanour was completely different from before and I could already tell this wasn't like her other ticks, her personality had definitely changed but it seemed like she was still in control somehow.

She walked towards me with a sway in her hips and gently pushed me back on the bed as she laid on top of me. "What's the matter little mouse you look confused~?" she asked in a sultry tone as she ran her hand across my chest. She was by no means wrong, I couldn't make sense of the situation. She was definitely mid-tick but she wasn't trying to straight-up rape or kill me so I couldn't tell if I was in danger or not. "Clockwork you-" I started but clockwork placed her finger over my mouth to stop me "You want to know what's going on don't you? The answer is simple really, I've learnt to somewhat control my ticks now." She said. "Wha- How?" I said in surprise. "Don't worry about the details but I learnt to supress the tick enough that I stay sane however my personality still changes as I'm sure you can tell~" she explained. "Oh and the girls knew about me trying to learn how to control my ticks, they set up this little scenario to test if I really could control myself." She added. "Wait so I was just a guinea pig? Better yet, why did you need to lie to me about this?" "Well it wasn't quite a lie, we just kept certain details a secret is all." She said. "You girls better get your asses in here!" I yelled as I wanted to give them all a piece of my mind but they never came. "I wouldn't count on them showing up anytime soon." Clockwork said bringing my attention back to her. "They likely heard everything you said to set me off and are too embarrassed to come in." She added. It took me a moment to realise what she was talking about and I immediately went red. "I need to stop getting carried away when I talk..." I mumbled. "Aw I think that's one of your best traits though~" she said as she used her index finger to raise my head and look at her. Her face was so close to mine I couldn't help but break into a bit of a nervous sweat. "Hehe I can see why some of the other girls enjoy teasing you so much, your reactions are adorable~."