Chp 35

I'm back and hopefully will be able to pump out some more chapters in less than 2-3 god damn months. I'm starting to get a routine for this now which should make it a little easier to get chapters out. I really hope I havent lost my touch after so long...

--Next day--

Y/n pov

Thanks to a certain chainsaw wielding nurse I had a pretty rough night. I wasn't usually one to have nightmares but there something about being chased by a crazy nurse with a chainsaw that got to me. I felt groggy when I got up so I didn't waste time jumping into the shower to freshen up and put that little scare behind me.

While I was eating I noticed a lot of commotion coming from the living room so once I was done eating I went to check it out. Based on past experiences I decided to slowly and carefully open the door in case anyone decided they wanted to throw something at me like usual. Honestly it was amazing none of them killed me doing that yet. Thankfully it was different this time, nothing sharp or heavy was hurled towards me in fact it seemed like none of them even noticed me. From what I could tell everyone but Ann and Jess were inside arguing. I cleared my throat to make my presence known and everyone simultaneously turned towards me which was a little unnerving. "Someone mind filling me in?" I asked as I closed the door behind me. "It's nothing Y/n just go back to your room." Angel said almost sounding annoyed. "Yeah....how about no." I said earning a sharp glare from Angel. Admittedly I was nervous but I didn't let it show, something had everyone on edge and I intended to find out what it was. "Enough Angel I think he has a right to know, he's a member of this mansion same as everyone else." Slenda said trying to calm Angel down. "There's only one thing that put's you guys on edge like this and that's Zalga, so what's she up to this time?" I guessed. "No shit Sherlock." Jess answered with her usual attitude. I turned to see both Jess and Ann stood behind me. Ann looked at me then quickly away from me as though she was embarrassed but I didn't pay too much attention to it and returned to the matter at hand. "Why thank you Watson I do try." I said trying to play Jess at her own game but she just rolled her eyes and walked past me. "So what exactly has happened?" I asked trying to get down to business. "Zalga is finally beginning to make her move." Jane began. "Last night me and Jackie were out when we were attacked by one of Zalgas mutant proxies. But that's not the issue, the issue is how close it was to the mansion." Angel added her annoyance made clear through her expression. "It seems as though Zalgas influence is expanding allowing her proxies to move closer before I can detect them." Slenda said obviously concerned. I now understood why they were all so anxious. "From here on out nobody leaves this mansion alone, you all must carry out tasks in teams of at least 3. It's too risky to go out with any fewer." Slenda announced which nobody seemed to disagree with. "And one other thing, if any of you so much catch a glimpse of Zalga, Scarecrow or the rake retreat immediately." Slenda added. "Wouldn't it be better to make the first move?" I asked "I normally wouldn't be against the idea of hightailing it out of there but we don't know where exactly Zalga is so it's too risky to blindly look for her right now." Slenda said. "Great more sitting around and waiting..." Jill said with a sigh. "I'm sure you'll find something to do in the meantime." Slenda said and Jill immediately turned her attention to me. "Why me..." I thought as I gave her a deadpan look. "Anyway that's all for now. If anything happens I will let you all know immediately." Slenda said ending the little meeting. Everyone went about their own business like there was no impending doom but they had been dealing with zalga for a while so I guess they were used to it. I decided to spend the rest of the day training so when push comes to shove I wouldn't slow the girls down.

--Later that evening--

I had just finished training and was exhausted especially considering that I ended up having a quick sparring session with Jackie. It went well but took a lot out of me. Once I was back in my room and cleaned up I looked out my window into the surrounding forest and began to think about what Slenda said earlier that day. I scanned the treeline not looking for anything in particular but the thought of Zalga and her proxies lurking within the darkness left me on edge. It felt like I was caught up in some kind of war and we were stuck waiting for the enemy to make their move. I shook the idea out of my head and sat on the side of my bed and opened the drawer beside it revealing the family photo I brought back with me. "I still need to find a frame for this, don't I?" I mumbled to myself. I got back up and made my way downstairs with the picture in hand to see if I could find a spare picture frame lying around that it would fit into. A few minutes passed with no luck and I was beginning to think that Slenda really didn't have any lying around. Normally everyone has at least one lying around. "Then again this place is anything but normal." I thought making myself chuckle. "What're you laughing at?" I heard Angel ask from behind me. I looked to see her stood against the door frame with her arms crossed with a curious expression. "Nothing important." I said dismissing it. "What's that?" she then asked noticing the photo in my hand. "This? It's just a family photo I brought back from home." I said showing Angel the picture. She seemed absorbed by the image taking in every detail. But suddenly her expression turned into a slight scowl as she fixated on a certain part of the picture. "Who's this girl?" she asked pointing her. "That's my sister." I explained. Angel seemed really fixated on my sister for some reason. "What's wrong Angel?" I asked. She stayed silent for a moment before answering. "She just seems familiar is all, it must be my imagination." She said handing back the picture. Her reaction was weird but I didn't press any further as I was more interested in finding a frame and going to bed. "Hey Angel do you know if there are any picture frames lying around I could use?" I asked as Angel was about to leave. She paused for a moment to think before answering me. "I'm sure I saw some in a closet upstairs a few doors down from your room." She said which gave me some hope. "Thanks Angel I'll go check it out." "No problem I'll take it as you owing me one." She said with a sly grin as she left. I was too tired to question her logic and rushed upstairs to finally find a picture frame. Thankfully Angel was right and I finally found what I was looking for, it was kind of a plain looking frame but it was way better than nothing. I headed back to my room and placed the picture on the drawer before jumping into bed. I laid in bed and admired the old photo filled with happy memories before finally drifting off to sleep.

--Late that night--

I woke to the sound of a loud crash in the middle of the night leaving me slightly dazed. Suddenly my door burst open revealing Clockwork who seemed really panicked, "Y/n we've got a problem come quickly." She said in dismay. I leapt out of bed and followed without a question. As me and Clockwork made our way downstairs I saw Jackie and Jane stood by the door and they both seemed to be badly injured. "What happened?" I asked as we approached. "We were ambushed while we were out and got separated from Jess." Jackie said making my stomach drop. "Any idea where she might of gone?" "What? I-I don't know. Maybe towards town? It's hard to say." Jackie said struggling to think straight. I clicked my tongue in annoyance and ran back upstairs. "Y/n? Where're you going!?" Jane yelled. I was about to enter my room when Slenda suddenly appeared in front of me forcing me to stop in my tracks. "I know what you're about to do and I will say this now, YOU ARE FORBIDDEN FROM LEAVING." Slenda said in a frightfully stern and commanding voice. "Are you fucking kidding me? We can't leave her out there!" I yelled which unsurprisingly didn't faze Slenda. "And we can't split up to look for her either, it's too risky." She said. "Too risky? Don't you care if she dies out there while we're holed up in here?" I asked. Suddenly Slenda grabbed me by the throat and lifted me up causing me to squirm and try to free myself of her grip. "Do you really think I don't want to go out there to help her?!" Slenda roared before throwing me into my room. "There has to be something we can do! Can't you just teleport to her?" "Don't you think if it was that simple I would have done it alre-" Slenda cut herself short as something caught her attention. "What's wrong?" "Its Jess." She responded before disappearing. As I got back to my feet Slenda returned as quickly as she disappeared but this time with a very badly beaten Jess in her arms. I was in shock at how badly beaten Jess was, she was covered in cuts and bruised and seemed barely conscious. "Y/n take Jess and lay her on your bed I'm going to get Ann." Slenda ordered as she handed Jess to me. I didn't waste a second getting her set down on my bed. Slenda quickly returned with Ann who rushed beside me to check on Jess' condition. After a few tense minutes of cleaning her wounds and checking her vitals Ann finally spoke, "It looks like she's going to be alright." Ann said looking to me and Slenda. I could tell Slenda was relieved and I was too but I wasn't going to forgive whoever did this to her. "For now we should let her rest, we can ask her what happened when she wakes up." Ann added. "Thank goodness..." Slenda said with a sigh of relief. "How comes you could suddenly detect Jess and where was she when you found her?" I asked. "I found her on the outskirts of the forest by the town, she must have been chased there when they were separated." Slenda explained. "Like I said you can get the details from her when she wakes up but for now we need to leave her to rest. Which means Y/n will need a new room for the night." Ann explained. "He can just use Jess' room for the night, I 'm sure she wouldn't mind." Slenda said looking to me but something told me she would mind. "No that's fine, I'll stay here and keep an eye on her throughout the night." "Y/n she's going to be fine you don't have to-" Ann began but stopped as Slenda placed her hand on Ann's shoulder. "That's fine Y/n, let us know if anything happens." Slenda said to which I simply nodded. Slenda and Ann left leaving me alone with Jess as she slept and I watched over her.

I hope the chapter doesnt come across as forced or anything but I'm trying to get the main story to this book moving. Let me know what you all think and hit me with all the criticism as you want whether its about the story or my appauling upload times. And I want to thank everyone who has stuck around in my time of absence waiting for a chapter to finally drop, it makes me happy to know my story means so much to you guys!

Anyway thanks for reading and I will see you guys in the next one!