Chp 37

I want to apologise for how long these chapters take to come out but unfortunately I'm having a hard time with finding the time to be able to write these so please bare with me it's seriously appreciated.

Anyway, heres the next chapter that took me way too long to get done. Hopefully you guys enjoy it!

--Later that day--

I watched as the sun began to set beyond the dense forest waiting for Slenda to call me. I was honestly trying to be optimistic about the situation but the more I went over it in my mind the more I began to worry.

I let out a deep sigh as got off my bed and began to stretch popping all my joints and stretching out my muscles before heading downstairs to find something to eat. Just as I was about to enter the kitchen I heard Slenda call for me from the living room. "Y/n we need to talk." "So much for food..." I sighed as I made my way into the living room. Both Angel and Slenda were waiting inside which surprised me because I was expecting everyone to be here. "Where are the others?" "For now they are resting in their rooms. I told them about your idea and to say they were against it is putting it lightly. Unfortunately nobody wants to go along with your idea and honestly I don't blame them, there are too many risks with this idea of yours." Slenda said crossing her arms. "But you said-" I started before she promptly cut me off. "I know what I said but we can't do anything unless everyone is willing to go along with the idea." She explained. Honestly a part of me was relieved that I didn't have to go through with such a reckless idea but I still felt like it was probably our best bet as well. "So we're back to square one?" I asked. "Unfortunately yes but I will see if I can come up with something in the meantime. Either way we won't be able to do anything until Jess has recovered." Slenda explained. "Yea I doubt she would want to miss any of the action. I'm sure she wants to get her own back on those bastards." Angel added. "*Sighs* Alright, let me know if you come up with anything, I'm going to find a spare room to sleep in for the night." I said before heading for the door and heading upstairs. It didn't take me long to find another room to sleep in seeing as there was an abundance of them so I just went into the one a little way down the hall from my actual room where I spent the night while Jess commandeered my own.

I woke later that night to the sound of something being hitting the floor. I sleepily sat up and looked to the source of the noise but I couldn't see what made the noise but a small gust of cold wind caught my attention. The window was partially open for some reason, I sighed and got out of bed to go close it but as I pulled it shut I realised something...The window seemed like it was forced open from the outside. "Was this always like this?" I asked myself. I looked back into the dark room but couldn't make out any noises or movement. I glanced at the knife Angel gave me beside my bed and carefully made my way towards it. Just as I was about to grab the knife I heard the window creek open which was followed by a bone chilling hiss. I looked over my shoulder and there perched on the windowsill was sat the rake staring me down. I felt like I almost couldn't breathe as the monster seemingly stared into my soul. Questions raced through my mind, "How did it get in? Why is it here? Did Slenda and the others not notice it?" I noticed the monstrosity begin to lean forward as though it was about to pounce so I grabbed my knife then leapt over the bed just as the lanky beast crashed into the wall where I just was. I pulled out the knife and got into a stance ready to fight. There's no way the others didn't hear that so they should be here any second now but there was no sign of them. The rake walked around the bed and stood as tall as it could looming over me. My heart was almost beating out of my chest as my mind raced to find a way to escape but then the rake gave me a demonic toothy grin and all sense of reason was lost. With an almighty roar I rushed the monster charging into it and tackling it out of the window I looked down as we both fell and was overtaken with fear and confusion. Below was nothing but a black abyss, I tried to grab a ledge as well fell but I couldn't reach anything and so me and the rake fell into the darkness. When I came to everything was pitch black, I couldn't even make out my own hand in front of my face. I got to my feet and tried looking around for even the faintest trace of light but nothing, it was just black for as far as the eye can see. I could feel myself begin to panic when I heard whispers coming from all around me. As I listened closer trying to pin point where they were coming from I recognised two of the voices as Masky and Hoody but I couldn't make out what was being said. The sound of the whispers became closer and closer but I couldn't understand what was being said as their voices overlapped and drowned each other out. They began to get louder until it was almost deafening I tried to cover my ears but I could still hear it and then it just stopped, becoming dead silent once more. I opened my eyes to see a bright light revealing a girl facing away from me in a blood stained hoodie. She stood still just staring off into the endless darkness as though I wasn't there. I carefully approached her and reached out to grab her should but as I touched her she abruptly turned grabbing my arm and gave off a bone chilling screech. Her face was nothing more than a massive cluster of tendrils frantically trying to get a hold of me as she tried to pull me closer and closer. I tried to break away with all I had but she wouldn't budge, the tendrils were almost touching me as I made a last ditch effort and kicked her away from me into the darkness causing me to stumble back. A few moments passed before the girl stepped back into the light with the hood now covering her face and no gross tendrils in sight. I jumped back to my feet but as soon as I was back up the girl appeared in front of me and gave me no time to react as she punched me in the stomach forcing me back to my knees. As I tried to recover but she grabbed me by my hair and forced me to turn around and look into the darkness as she held me in place. At first I wasn't sure what she was trying to do so I tried to break away but as I went to grab her hand I felt an overwhelming and disturbingly familiar pressure drawing my attention back to the darkness before me. The intense pressure became stronger and stronger as though something was getting closer, the feeling made me feel sick to my stomach and all I wanted to do was run. But I couldn't, my body refused to move from the sheer fear of what's lurking in the darkness. My eyes widened as I saw what or rather who it was that was giving off such an intimidating presence. I had never met her before but yet she was familiar to me and I somehow knew this monster was none other than Zalga herself.

She looked like the embodiment of darkness, which black tendrils emerging from where her feet would be and piercing red eyes the strike fear into your very being with a single glance

She looked like the embodiment of darkness, which black tendrils emerging from where her feet would be and piercing red eyes the strike fear into your very being with a single glance. She looked down at me and the strange mouths across her body all shifted into wicked grins that made my blood run cold. "Hello Y/n." She greeted in a demonic yet feminine voice. I tried to speak but anything I could think of saying got stuck in my throat. Zalga gets closer and grabs me by the chin pulling me closer as she began to inspect me. "You've become a fine specimen since your first battle with the rake. I can't wait to make you mine and finally destroy Slenda and those weaklings that follow her." She said releasing your face which allowed me to finally gather myself and speak. "F-Fuck you..." was all I could shakily muster which made Zalga lightly chuckle. "Come now Y/n don't be like that I assure you there are plenty of benefits of joining me and I have someone who would love to finally meet you." She said. "I will never join you." I spat back as I stared her down. "Is that so? Well I'll give you until next time to reconsider. Do make the right choice." She said as she suddenly turned away and went to disappear back into the darkness. But as she turned I noticed the hooded girls grip on me loosened and I took the chance to break free, grab my knife and lunge at her. "If I can kill her now then the others will be safe!" I desperately thought as I was only inches away from her. But suddenly I felt myself stop in mid-air and a burning sensation appeared in my gut. I looked down to see a clawed appendage coming from Zalga had ran me through. Zalga grabbed me by the throat and ripped the clawed arm out of my stomach causing blood to gush out and held me in the air. "When I come for you and kill all those you care about I wonder what sort of face you'll pull? Will it be twisted with rage or anguish? Fear or sadness? I can't wait to find out~." She said sadistically as my sight blurred and my consciousness faded.

It might be a little short to be honest but I at least wanted to get something out and this seemed like a decent place to end a chapter. I want to thank everyone again who has been following this story despite the long wait for an update as well as those who are only recently getting into this story. I get alot of compliments about the story and it means a lot trust me. Not only that this story is creeping closer and closer to 400k views which is unbelievable. I dont feel like I deserve these numbers with how long I keep making you guys wait but I'm grateful none the less.

Anyways thanks again and I'll see you all in the next one!