Apologies and surprises

Shit chapter title I know XD

This is a fairly long chapter so it might have some mistakes as I havent really gone over it that much but I'm hoping you guys will enjoy it none the less and Im sorry that it took so long to update!

Y/n pov

-A few hours later-

"Ugh my head is killing me..." I moaned. I went to raise my arm but instead I instantly recoiled from the intense pain in my shoulder. "So you're finally awake." Slenda said as she revealed herself in the darkness. "How long was I out for?" "Well its 8PM now so about 7 hours." Slenda answered as she sat on the side of the bed. Using my good arm I pushed myself up and leant against the backboard of my bed "Are you satisfied now?" Slenda asked. "I don't know about satisfied but I do feel better." "Good. And I hope you won't be asking for another death battle any time soon." Slenda asked. "I think I've had enough close calls to last me a while so you won't have to worry about that." "That's what I thought. Now about your shoulder, Ann said that the sword went clean through and avoided anything vital so there shouldn't be any lasting damage but you should think yourself lucky." Slenda advised as she got off the bed. "I'm sure you know that wasn't luck, Angel avoided anything vital on purpose." "Are you mad that she did?" Slenda asked turning back to me. I couldn't help but chuckle at the dumb question "Of course I'm not mad, that's the same as asking me if I'm mad that I'm still alive." "That's good now I suggest you get some rest so that your shoulder can heal properly." Slenda suggested as she made her way to the door. "Rest? Its only 8pm and I've been sleeping all day, I'm fine." I protested. "The more rest you get the faster your shoulder heals or would you rather it takes longer?" Slenda said most likely raising an eyebrow if she had one. "*sigh* Ok fine, I'd rather not have to be stuck lying around for ages again." "That's what I thought, now I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." She said as she quietly left the room.

--The next day—

"I feel like complete shit..." I mumbled as I crawled from my bed and went to the bathroom. Thanks to how much I had slept I felt like I had a hangover or something so I hoped that a hot bath would help fix the problem. One heavenly bath later and feeling much more refreshed I re-bandaged my shoulder and got ready. I was surprised to find that I was still able to use my arm without causing too much pain in my shoulder which was a relief as it meant it wasn't going to be as much of a hindrance as my back was. As I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen I was met with Angel and Slenda. "Morning." "Good morning Y/n, how are you feeling?" Slenda asked. "I woke up feeling kind of shitty to be honest but I'm feeling ok now." "And your shoulder?" Slenda inquired. "Oh right, it's better than I thought it would be. I can move my arm fairly well without it hurting too much but I don't think I will be able to train properly yet." I noticed that Angel was being kind of quiet which was surprising seeing as she would have usually made some sort of joke by now. "Hey Angel is everything alright?" I asked which seemed to snap her out of her slight daze. "Huh? Oh umm I..." she started but turned to Slenda like she was looking for help which Slenda gave a slow reassuring nod in response. "I want to say I'm sorry. I really am." She apologised. "For what?" "For saying those things to you during the fight." She clarified. "What thi- Ooohh that." I said realising what she was referring to. "I went too far, I just got so carried away I wasn't thinking about what I was saying, I really hope you can forgive me." Angel begged as she slightly lowered her head.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing Angel was clearly overcome with regret, it was like her personality took a complete turn. I looked to Slenda as if to ask if Angel was being serious which she nodded to. "I'll let you do anything you want if it means you'll forgive me." Angel suddenly said. "Anything?" I asked which made her visibly tense up a bit before she quietly nodded. "Alright stand up and close your eyes." I ordered and she quietly obeyed. I got up and stood in front of her "Are you ready?" "Yes." She responded. I held my middle finger behind my thumb and flicked her forehead making her wince and open her eyes "I appreciate the apology but you're getting ahead of yourself. It's true that what you said was a bit extreme but it gave me the push I needed to fight properly so I'm not mad." "You aren't mad at all?" she asked surprised. "Nope. Besides I know how carried away you all can get so I knew you didn't mean what you said." "AHHHH THANK GOD! I thought you'd hate me for saying all that." Angel said in relief. "I told you, you were worrying for nothing." Slenda said to Angel. "Yeah, thanks Y/n." Angel said turning to me. "No problem. I guess even a killer like Angel is capable of showing remorse." "I'm going to head back to my room now I'll see you later y/n" she said, winking at me as she left.