f i v e

Stiles' POV

The next morning, I woke up to Maddie jumping on my bed. I groan, and she leaves yelling, "Come on kids! It's your first day of school! Senior year! Come on!" It's a wonder how she can be so excited for school, considering her current situation.

Down the hall, I hear Connor groan, "Shut up, Maddie." And Nate voices his agreement in a tired moan. Emily approaches my room, opening my bedroom door, just to slam it again.

After approximately twenty seconds, I shout, "Alright, alright! I'll be down in a minute!" She laughs at my reaction before leaving.

After about five minutes of laying under my blankets trying to figure out if I actually want to do this today, I drag myself out of bed, shower, and put on some clothes. I decide to switch it up a little bit and put on some khakis and a maroon sweater on top of a collared shirt, paired with some gray vans. I re-spike my hair and run down the stairs to be greeted with a pancake to the face.

I sigh in mock disappointment. "Thanks guys, seriously, you're the best," I mutter sarcastically, letting myself crack a smile. I sit down next to Connor and across from Emily, and Connor lightly shoves my shoulder.

"Hey Sti?" Nate pipes up from the constant chatter of the table, and I look down the table at him. "You said that your old pack was here. Could you tell us about them?"

I look down at my food as the table grew quiet. "Uh... Sure." I rack my brain for the part that I kind of built a wall around to stop thinking about. "Well, there's Scott McCall, who was my best friend, and he's a true alpha. He and I were friends since we met in the sandbox when we were four, and uh, we were pretty much brothers. Then there's Malia Tate, or Hale, I'm not really sure which one she goes by, who was my girlfriend. She's a werecoyote. There's Derek Hale, who killed his psychotic uncle, Peter Hale, who is Malia's father, for the alpha status, and my first crush Lydia Martin, who is a banshee, resurrected him. Then let's see... There's Isaac Lahey, who has a horrible childhood of being locked in a freezer. Uh, then Scott bit his first beta, Liam Dunbar. He's like my little brother, even though I was always kind of sarcastic with him. And his best friend, Mason Hewitt, who is a human, and like crazy smart. He's probably my replacement now that I think about it. Then there's Liam's girlfriend, Hayden Romero, who was a chimera, but now she's a werewolf like Liam. There were others, like Kira Yukimera, who is a Kitsune, that might still be in the pack I'm not sure. But there's also Ethan and Aiden, twin alphas that aren't with us anymore. And Allison Argent, who uh, I killed when I was possessed by the Nogitsune." I take a deep breath and decide to leave it there. They didn't need to know about Boyd or my Catwoman Erica.

It was silent for a good ten seconds before Emily broke it. "Wait a second, when were you possessed by a Nogitsune?" She asks, almost accusingly.

Maddie smacks her arm. "We knew this. If you had been paying attention and not making googly eyes at Nate the entire pack meeting you may have known!" Emily opens her mouth to argue, but closes it again with heated cheeks. I laugh and shrug.

"That's a strong pack though, Sti. I mean, not as strong as us, but definitely strong," Connor laughs, and I nod in agreement.

Then, Nate stands and swings his bag over his shoulder. "Well, we should get going. Stiles, want to take your Jeep?"

I nod as the rest of the pack follows suit. "Sure thing." I grin and hand the boys their lacrosse sticks. The girls grab their soccer bags before we head out. My hand slides into Maddie's, and she smiles up at me.