e i g h t

Scott's POV

"The S Pack? Maybe Derek's heard of it," I shrug, taking out my phone and calling his number on the way to Econ.

What do you mean Stiles is back?

I was a little shocked by Derek's immediate demand, but I recovered quickly. "I mean he's the leader of that pack I was telling you about earlier."

And?

He was getting annoyed, so I continued quickly. "And when Lydia asked his what they were, all he said was something about The S Pack. I thought maybe you know something-"

Did you do anything to provoke him, maybe get on their bad side? Scott, did his eyes change to anything?

"I- I don't know," I defend, almost panicked. "Probably not, considering Lydia didn't mention it. Why? Is something wrong?"

The S Pack is one of the strongest packs in the world, and it only consists of five members. No one has ever seen them and lived to tell who they are. Be careful, Scott. Pack meeting right after school today; tell everyone else.

And with that he hung up. Oh shit. We're in trouble, aren't we? Malia sits beside me, and we look over to see Stiles and one of his pack members, heads together talking.

"Well?" Malia asks, gesturing toward my phone that I just placed on the table.

I sigh. "They're one of the most powerful packs in the world, and Stiles is the leader. Derek is going to tell us more after school today, so get the word around, alright?" I look at her, and she nods.

I cringe as I hear Coach stumble in. "Ah, Bilinski! Glad to have you back! I see you brought a friend? Does he play lacrosse?" He looks at the boy eagerly, and Stiles laughs.

The guy grins. "I'm Connor Williams, and I'm happy to say that Stiles and I will be trying out for lacrosse."

Coach cheers, and Connor spares us a glance to give us a smug look. "Finally! Kids that look promising! Now, let's do what I have to do. Welcome to Econ you children! How was your summer? Actually. Don't answer that. I don't really care, but the school encourages us to ask. Encouragement my ass. Anyway, let's move on. This class isn't easy, but I don't want to hear about any babies crying to their mommies, understood? Good!"

The class dragged on, with Stiles and Connor know all of the answers to Coach's questions, which got old after the first ten minutes.

Finally, the bell rang, and I ran up to Coach before he could leave. "Hey Coach."

"Ah, McCall, wanting that team captain spot again this year? Looks like you might have some competition," he laughs, gesturing to Stiles and Connor, who were walking out of the door talking to Danny.

I grimace. "Actually, I was coming to apologize. Kira, Liam and I have something extremely important going on after school, and we won't be able to make it to tryouts today. But we'll be here tomorrow!" I say, trying to lessen the blow.

His facial expression completely changes, and I flinch. "What? What makes you think that you three are all high and mighty that you can skip practice whenever you feel like it? You want to be on this team? You need to commit! You're lucky I'm in a good mood today, but tomorrow you better not be surprised if I make you do suicides, maybe until you die! I haven't decided yet!" Then he looked around. His eyes locked on a figure in the back of the classroom, and his jaw sets. "Get out of my classroom, Greenburg!" He yells, legitimately chasing the kid out of the classroom.

I take a deep breath before running out of the classroom and jumping on my bike. I arrive at Derek's loft fairly quickly, but I'm still the last person there because of my encounter with Coach.

I stumble into the room and gasp, "I'm here!"