t h i r t y - o n e

3rd Person POV

Blood littered the damp forest floor, and there were so many creatures ambushing the small group standing around their dying best friend. The group of young adults couldn't help but move away from Stiles as the threat was closing in on them.

Lydia spared him one last glance before screaming at the creatures. They had just as much of a variety as the two packs that just wanted their anchor back. The 'New and Improved' Alpha Pack contains a variety of Kitsunes, Vampires, Werewolves, Werecoyotes, a couple Banshees, and even more.

The key advantage The S Pack and the Hale-McCall pack has is experience. These alphas are all inexperienced that just killed an alpha to obtain their power, most likely with Deucalion's assistance. It was easy to tell from the sloppy movements that clearly weren't thought out.

Connor only saw red. One of his best friends is dying on a seemingly useless piece of wood only feet away from him, and he's fighting a bunch of wild animals. He couldn't stop the fire spouting out of his hands and burning the enemies alive. He was splitting the earth as Nate used his Banshee powers to push them into the gaping hole leading directly to the Earth's core before quickly closing the hole before damage could be done.

Emily and Kira were bonding in a newfound friendship over the connection of their inner Foxes. They stood back to back as electricity flew in harmony with swords.

Derek and Scott were tearing into flesh left and right, much against Scott's former beliefs. But those beliefs were behind them now, as Scott's brother was losing his life just a few yards away from the pair, and Scott couldn't do anything to help him.

Liam and Hayden were treating this fight as a joke almost. Not that Stiles' life was a joke, but it made their enemies' angry, thus making their moves messy, and they were even easier to fight. Their minds were partially grateful for leaving Corey and Mason behind, knowing that this fight wasn't one for their fragile minds.

Malia and Isaac work together while carefully avoiding Lydia's violent and frantic screams. They collaborate in combinations that would amaze anyone watching. This newly discovered chemistry worked to everyone's advantage, and they defeated a large portion of the opposing pack.

What no one expected to see was Maddie and Theo together working in perfect synchronization. Maddie's spells mixed with Theo's cruel humor at lashing out at people was strange, but it worked. And if everyone else weren't so busy, they would have caught on to the almost flirtatious smiles passed between them.

Then arrows began flying. But what was strange was that they were coming from two different directions. At first, no one noticed them, and they still didn't until the fighting ceased. None of Deucalion's pack was left alive, and Connor made to get rid of all of the evidence with plunging them to the center of the Earth, literally.

A scream erupted through the air, and a familiar brunette came sprinting out of the woods to drop to her knees at the side of a loved pack member. Both packs approached within seconds, falling to the damp forest floor around Kira. Emily applied pressure to the wound over the girl's heart, blood slipping through her fingers as tears fell through her eyes. "I'm sorry, I can't believe I let that happen. There's no way that should have been able to hit you. I could have stopped it," Emily blubbered, and Kira silenced her with a weak smile and shake of her head.

"No, no, Kira," Scott began to sob, and many followed suit.

Kira weakly smiles and shushed him. "No, Scott. Save Stiles. Don't cry; I'll always be here. Now go save your friend. I love you, Scott McCall," and with that, her heart gave its last beat.

Many gave their last sobs, and then Isaac noticed the brunette as her face rose from Kira's stomach. "Allison?"

Feelings became torn at the overwhelming happiness and sadness pulled them in complete opposite directions. Allison nodded with unshed tears evident in her eyes as she was crushed in hugs.

"I'm sorry, but who are we saving?" An accented feminine voice rang from behind the group, with Liam and Hayden awkwardly hanging to the side with The S Pack around Kira's body. The woman was in her mid-twenties, but she looked so much younger. Her vibrant red hair seemed to glow, ending around the small of her back in loose curls. She had narrow yet warm brown eyes. She was sporting similar attire to Derek: a leather jacket and some worn jeans.

Derek turns to her first, not really doing the whole hug thing the others were participating in. "Who are you?" His eyes held something unknown, like he may have felt attracted to the woman. Like what the hell? But he knew not to just trust her because he had that instinct to. He learned his lesson with Kate, and he didn't plan on taking chances ever again.

The woman narrows her eyes in return. She opens her mouth to retort but thinks better of it and shifts her gaze to Allison. Allison breaks away and gestures to the mystery person. "Her name is Meg, and she saved me," Allison explains. Everyone that knows her has so many questions, but she doesn't seem too keen on answering them. Then, the girl looks around with an unsettling expression on her face. "Where's Stiles?"

Theo's jaw drops at Meg, and Meg's eyes fix onto Theo's. Recognition flashes in both of their pupils. Malia couldn't help the growl, even though she was into Isaac now.

Maddie snaps her head over to the Nemeton, her hair flying in the perfect arc of a fan, and her eyes widen. "Yeah, guys? Where the hell is Stiles?" Her voice wavered between anger and panic.

The group switches their gaze to the stump as well, and all that stays as proof is the blood stain on the surface of it. Many faces lose all display of color as everyone shifts their bodies to angle toward it. Stiles was gone.

Malia was the first to reach the stump, and her eyes glow a brilliant blue as she growls, "Peter."

Author's Note: So I think the story is going to end up being finished this weekend with only a few more chapters left, and I'm on break right now. So I guess the main question is.. Sequel? It's completely up to you guys. If you want it, I'll write it. So let me know in the comments please :)