t h i r t y - t w o

Scott's POV

Everything just happened so fast.

Those were the last words spoken about Allison's death, and they kept echoing in my head.

Everything just happened so fast.

It's interesting how time has a tendency to repeat itself in the cruelest of ways. Trying to explain to the Sheriff the his son was missing and most probably dead at this point was distressing, and let's just say he didn't take it very well.

Then Kira is dead. Yeah, that one wasn't fun either. Her parents threatened me with death. Multiple times. In several ways. Noshiko is scary, almost as scary as Allison's mom was, when she's mad. It breaks my heart as well. Kira was special. She made me forget that I'm some kind of monster because when I was around her, I felt normal. I felt... human.

And Allison is back. Just the thought makes my heart beat faster. Of course, I still love her. I never stopped. But she died. She died in my arms, and I heard her heart stop. As much as I want to accept her return with open arms, I can't help but be skeptical. Peter came back how many times, and now he has Stiles.

That's another problem: Stiles. He's gone, like he's disappeared off of the face of the Earth. No matter how many time we've ventured back to the Nemeton, his scent fades a few yards past the stump, and the blood trail stops a few more after. It was weird; the blood didn't have a scent. And Peter didn't have a scent, either. The only proof of either of them being there was the dark red stain on the top of the remains of the powerful tree, and the bloody handprint right next to it. The part that hurts the most is that I don't know whether he's dead or alive, in pain or fully healed, or if he's safe.

Then there's Meg. Theo knew her from their brief period together with the Dread Doctors. That's how Allison came back to life: that same serum that brought Hayden and Corey back. Meg worked for them after her mother killed her father, leaving an emotionally destroyed girl in foster care. No one even noticed her disappearance just months later.

And me? I'm lost. Derek and Meg have each other in this weird unexpected way that actually makes everyone smile. Derek has finally found someone. Then Allison and Lydia are spending every waking moment catching up, as if they had only been apart for a week, not years. And honestly, I wish Lydia would come over and comfort me like she normally does, when she makes me feel like everything might be okay. Isaac and Malia must have bonded over social awkwardness and violence or something, because that relationship popped up out of nowhere. Or maybe it's the negativity Stiles insists that Isaac possesses. The S Pack has been working hard the past few days, and Theo has been hanging with them. But he's mainly there to be with Maddie. Braeden came over yesterday, and we never saw her leave Connor's room last night. Everyone has someone, except for me. My someone was kidnapped, right when we were trying to save his life.

So I've been spending every second of every day pouring over Deaton's books and working with everyone else when they get the chance to find Stiles.

Today was different though. I actually found something.

Only the most powerful witches can locate Sparks, and even then, it's only if said Spark wants to be found. They must utter the words locate et perdidit Spark (locate the lost Spark) with a drop of blood from a brother, a lover, a father, a mother, and a friend to discover the Spark's location.

With my heart beating with enough power to crack a rib, I practically fly down the stairs to the basement The S Pack has decided to reside in. Maddie was waiting for me with Theo by her side, and the rest of the pack were quick to meet me at the wide oval table. I lay the book out, and with trembling fingers, and read the passage aloud.

Maddie looks up at me and grins. Emily squeals and tackles me in a hug, kind of like a Weasley hug from Harry Potter. "Thank you," Emily shouts repeatedly until Nate quiets her so that Maddie could focus.

"Okay. So, who would be the brother? Stiles is an only child..." Maddie's face falls, but Connor's perks up.

"Scott and Stiles are brothers!" The blond shouts, loud enough for my pack to stumble down the stairs. Theo quickly catches them up, and they too gather around the table.

"Alright, so I'll be the brother, the Sheriff is his father, my mother can be his mother, and then we need the friend and the lover..." I trail, looking back and forth between Maddie and Lydia pointedly. My gaze shifts down to Theo and Maddie's re-intertwined fingers before I make eye-contact with Lydia.

Then Allison speaks up, a small smile gracing her lips. "I'll be the lover," she offers. "I love him, and I have for a while." We turn to her in shock, while Maddie looks down, and guilt begins to reek from her.

Everyone silently accepts the information, and Isaac is the first to recover, with the exception of those that didn't ever know Allison and her history in Beacon Hills.

"Hey, Maddie don't worry," Isaac does his best to comfort. "Stiles would be so happy to see that you're happy." That allowed a small smile to crack in her stony face, and Theo squeezed her hand tighter.

"Well that and he's loved Lydia for a lot longer than he's loved you," Malia adds bluntly, and Maddie rolls her eyes.

"But I'm assuming not anymore since this chick's gonna be the lover," Connor argues, and Malia opens her mouth to resort.

But Maddie cuts her off when she turns to Isaac with a small smile, choosing to ignore Malia's unintentionally rude statement and Connor's retort. "Thank you."

Then Nate clears his throat. "I'll be the friend," he offers, and Maddie grins in agreement.

Soon enough, the ritual has begun, and silence settles over everyone as Maddie repeats the incantation. I hiss as the knife slices through the rough skin in my palm and lands in the small bowl. Almost immediately, the slit closes back up, leaving a red line that's a little raw.

I've started to hate the silence. Ever since I became friends with Stiles, silence has never really been an occurrence. Sure, I've always complained, but I'm really missing Stiles' loud and constant chatter.

Finally, the bowl lights up in a cloud of smoke and bursts, leaving a mesmerizing bubble with a picture of Stiles' current position. "Does that look familiar to anyone?" Mason asks, his voice high with slight fear he's trying, and failing, to hide.

Derek gives a heavy sigh. "It's the dungeons under the Hale house."

"Why would you have dungeons under your house?" Liam asks incredulously. Okay, I'll give him that. It's a pretty good question for a kid that's never heard of the Hale family.

Derek shoots him a glare. "My family was born werewolves. Can you imagine how full moons went?"

The shut Liam up, and Connor let out a groan. "What are we still doing here?"

"You know, normally I would say we need a plan, but this is Peter. He's a dumbass. So, let's go and get Stiles back," I say, the corners of my mouth turn upward slightly. I'm going to get my brother.

"Wait!" Nate shouts, and all shouts of agreement from my statement went quiet. Nate's dark eyes shift to Allison. "You, Liam, and Mason need to stay here. I don't want my visions coming true."

Allison looked ready to argue, but she caught my eye and thought better of it. Just the slight eye contact made my heart catch. She looked the same, yet she was so different. Her hair grew back out to fall gracefully over her shoulders, but her loving brown eyes haven't changed. "Scott?" She asks softly, and I look over at her, waiting for her to continue. "Please bring Stiles back for me."

I give her a lopsided smile. "I'll bring him back. For all of us." She stays silent with a small nod of her head, tears evident in her eyes.

"Alright," Meg says while grabbing onto Derek's arm. "Let's go get Steven back!"

"Hey Meg?" Derek says softly. She hums in response, too hyped up to notice the glares and raised eyebrows she's receiving from everyone else. "It's Stiles."

Immediately Meg's mood dilapidated. "Oh. My bad."

Yeah, your bad.