t w e n t y - t h r e e

3rd Person POV

"What do you mean you brought Theo back?" Derek growls at Kira and Liam, with Theo standing awkwardly to the side. He hasn't changed much, but his hair was longer, and he had a bit of stubble around his mouth. He had dark circles around his eyes, and his clothes hung loosely around his pale body. He reminded everyone of Stiles, and it almost scared them. Except for the fact that this was Theo, and Stiles was Stiles.

Liam gestures to Theo, and Theo waves sheepishly. "I mean, we brought Theo back."

Derek gives Liam a fierce glare, and Malia jumps in. "Derek calm down. It's clear to see that he's changed," she offers, but Derek's glare doesn't soften.

"Yeah, and he didn't seem bad at all until everyone turned against Stiles, and Liam almost killed Scott," Derek stands his ground.

Peter walks down the spiral staircase with an emotionless stare, not even a smirk.

Hayden immediately asks, "How is he?" She is referring to Stiles, who Scott gave the bite to as a last resort to save his life. Stiles' own pack had to go take care of an issue in Israel, much to their dismay. Before they left though, Nate reported that he couldn't pick up anything about Stiles' future, which scared everyone a bit. Theo seemed confused, since he just showed up and has no idea what has happened to Stiles in the past six months.

Liam glares in Peter's general direction before wrapping a protective arm around Hayden's waist. "You can't trust him," he muttered, but everyone with supernatural hearing heard it. "He was probably just watching some porn in his bedroom or something," he said, and everyone cracked a small smile except for Peter, who picked up Kira's sword threateningly. Kira immediately went into attack mode and got her sword back so easily is was pathetic.

Peter clears his throat as if none of the previous events occurred. "As a matter of fact, I was taking away pain from that skinny kid that may be dying upstairs, in case you weren't aware of that happening," he sassily retorts while taking his seat on the couch.

Corey awkwardly clears his throat, looking nervously back to Theo, who's watching this whole debacle with a small smirk. "Can we go back to the current situation of why he's out of the ground please?" He's always been fearful of Theo, but that fear just intensified since he hasn't talked to him since he basically betrayed him to be with Mason. Bad times, that's for sure.

Theo throws his hands up in mock surrender. "Look. I've obviously been under a rock for too long. What's wrong with Stiles?" He actually looked genuinely concerned, which worried everyone else in the room. Dirt fell to the ground from his clothes and from his head. Derek's eyes narrowed once again in annoyance. Kira's nose crinkled in disgust, and it looked like she wanted to mop the entire loft because of it.

Theo was ignored, and arguments broke out about Theo. About half were on the side of keeping him until after the battle against Deucalion, but the other half was strongly against it, saying that Theo made mass destruction, and he would most probably do it again.

After what was at least an hour, Lydia stumbles down that stairs in the most casual outfit they've ever seen her in. She was wearing an oversized sweater, leggings, and flat canvas shoes. This leaves them distracted for a few seconds before their focus returns to Stiles. Lydia beams and squeals, "He's awake!"

Immediately, everyone jumps to their feet, but Lydia stops them and blocks the stairwell. "He's on his way down, but he's currently in the shower-"

"Not with Scott, right?" Malia asks, and everyone looks at her with various looks of disappointment and mockery.

"Of course not. Guys, calm down. He's fine," Scott reassures as he makes his way down the stairs and taking a stance behind Lydia, but all of the werewolves sense the relief that seeps from his pores. Relief that he didn't kill his best friend before this disease did. Relief so overwhelming that he's almost drowning in it. Stiles is okay.

Stiles comes down the stairs a few minutes later, and he's immediately enveloped in a bone-crushing hug. He looked so much healthier. The color in his cheeks have returned, and the spark in his eyes was on its way back. His skin wasn't as cold to the touch, even though he still had goosebumps on his arm from the crisp autumn air. His hair was still wet from his shower, but it was obviously already getting thicker. Everyone was smiling, and Derek and Peter watch from the corner of the room with content expressions. Then, Stiles says the words that makes everyone stop dead in their tracks.

"Calm down, guys. I'm only human."