f o u r t e e n

Because this chapter deleted itself...

Scott's POV

I tried my best to not fall asleep in Mr. Harris' class, but it was getting harder with every passing second. Then, someone burst in the door, and I immediately recognized Nate.

"Ah, Nathan, how generous of you to gift us with your presence. Now-" Mr. Harris began his stupid speech, but Nate's eyes were on me.

"Scott." That was all he had to say for me to be out of my seat and following him down the hall, Mr. Harris screaming behind us.

Finally I asked, "Nate, what's wrong?" We arrive at the Jeep, where Maddie is in the driver's seat, but she's facing the back seat. That's weird. Stiles always drives. Always. Even before this whole complicated mess took place, Stiles would make up any excuse for him and only him to drive Roscoe.

"Something's wrong with Stiles," Nate stutters, and he motions for me to take the passenger seat.

I rush to climb in the seat, but I'm pushed back by an indescribable force. Ouch. I groan and stand back up. I place my hand on the Jeep, but am pushed back by a magical barrier. I look up at them. "Mountain Ash? Seriously?" I rub the back of my head, which smacked the pavement on my way down. Maddie rolls her eyes before jumping out of the Jeep and opening the door for me, in a blink of an eye. Vampires seem to be faster than werewolves, but I can't be 100% sure on that one. I sheepishly thank her and climb in the passenger seat, and I immediately look over to Maddie. "What's wrong with him?" I look back to see my former best friend lying across the other's laps, but he's not lying peacefully. He's twitching, and I look at him in horror.

Maddie glares at me and starts the Jeep. "Don't you think if we knew what was wrong with him we would be in this situation?" I guess she's still annoyed with the whole 'real werewolves can't go through Mountain Ash thing'. Like I'm sorry, but I can't really help it. Geez.

I throw my hands up in surrender, but I can't help but ask, "So not to come off as rude or anything, but why am I here?" I knew that they weren't very fond of me, so it confused me as to why they brought me along when Stiles was in danger.

"Believe me, we're not happy with you being here, but Stiles asked for you, so we got you. Knowing him, he probably has a reason," Emily replies, smoothing Stiles' hair off of his slick forehead. His breath begins to come out in strangled pants, and Maddie pushed harder on the gas.

Stiles asked for me? Me of all people? I thought he hated me. Even in this situation, I couldn't help but feel a burst of happiness in my chest. Stiles asked for me. I kept silent while the others continued to speak.

"Maddie, can't you try and heal him or something?" Connor asks, kind of jumpy and panicked, but understandably so. His leader is in trouble, right in his lap.

The brunette girl sighed, and her left knee bounced. "I don't know what's causing this, so it's not safe to add magic to his body right now, just in case." She was really worried about him. She kept brushing tears out of her eyes before they could run down her cheeks, but her puffy eyes showed it all. "Besides, if he could be healed, he would have done it himself already."

I looked at my hands. Wait a second. I turn in my seat and attempt to take his hand, but Emily grabs my arm forcefully.

"What do you think you're doing McCall?" She hisses, and I flinch. Not from physical pain, but from the venom that laced her words.

"Calm down, Morgan, I'm just going to take his pain. No magic involved," I defend, and Emily slowly lets my hand go with a bit of coaxing from Nate.

Finally, I take his hand, and my veins immediately turn black. I wince from the intense pain, but I don't let go. Connor watches in amazement while the other watch in suspicion. I don't blame them though. If this situation had been reversed, I wouldn't exactly trust them, either. Stiles' heart rate slows to one a bit closer to normal, and the crease between his eyebrows lessen a bit.

Then we arrive at out destination: Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital. Immediately, the doors open, and Nate, Connor, and I carry Stiles through the emergency room doors. Well, after Maddie opens the door for me again, but not after a few profanities and grumbles.

"Scott?" A voice says, and I look up to see my mom. I give her a weak smile, but then she looks down in confusion. "Is that.. Stiles?"

Oh no.