s i x t e e n

3rd Person POV

Derek and Scott attached themselves to Stiles' hands, and even Peter reached out to take the pain at times. But there was too much. Stiles wouldn't stop screaming, and he had been put in an enclosed ward to try to keep from disturbing other patients, but there wasn't anything they could do.

His screams echoed down the halls and into every room.

It reminds Maddie of when she turned him, and she flinches at the memory.

//Flashback//

Maddie and Stiles trooped down to the basement, and he turned to her with a grin. He gestured to the metal table in the middle of the room with restraints in specific spots. On the island beside it sat a few lone books that were never returned to their spots on the hundreds of bookshelves.

"What is this, a torture chamber? Don't tell me this whole witch thing is a lie and you actually just bring your prey down here and eat them for dinner. Because I swear, I will go all Hansel and Gretel on you and shove you in the oven and run away with my little twin thing and-" Stiles rambles, trying not to show how nervous he actually is about this.

"Stiles!" Maddie interrupts while trying to hold her laughter back. "I'm not going to torture you with the intent of eating you. Turning you is going to hurt, but I can't have you interrupt me in the middle of my spell, otherwise there could be a big uh-oh. Got it, Batman?" She smiles at him, and he gives a hesitant sigh. She was nervous as well, but that was because she had to keep her focus while his screams would reverberate off of the basement walls.

Then he widens his grin to try and hide his erratic heartbeat. "You got it, Batgirl. Now, strap me in, but not in the weird way. Because my dad's the sheriff, and you don't want to get on his bad side when I tell him that you r-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Stilinksi," The girl warns, tightening the last restraint. "I could turn you into a freaking squirrel right now, and you wouldn't be able to stop me." Stiles gives her a look like she had two heads before his lips curled into a smile.

"Let me guess: I'm lucky you won't?" They share a laugh before Maddie takes out duct tape.

"You're right on that one, but don't get used to it. Oh, by the way, I hope you don't mind I took this from your Jeep. That thing is a piece of sh-" Maddie teases, before Stiles cuts her off.

"You better stick that duct tape on my mouth before I widen my curse word vocabulary on your ass," Stiles playfully glares at her, which she returns before complying.

Maddie takes a book from the table before apologizing softly. "This is gonna hurt. Like a lot." Then she mumbles some words in an unknown language, and after about fifteen seconds, Stiles lets out his first muffled scream of pain.

Five minutes passed, and tears fell out of Stiles' clenched eyes. Tears tore through the basement, echoing off of the walls. Maddie struggles to stay focused, but she knows that she can't lose focus if she wants Stiles to survive this.

Pages turned, and hours passed before Maddie sighed in relief. Then she cringed at Stiles' continued screams. Then she turned and left him in the basement, where he'd be for the next twelve hours turning into a supernatural creature that's never existed before.

//Flashback Over//

Maddie blinks the tears out of her eyes before standing. "I'm going on a food run. Any suggestions for you guys?"  She hasn't had blood in a while, so she was going to sneak into the blood bank before grabbing food for the others.

Emily smiles softly before shaking her head. "Whatever is fine," she replies, and Maddie nods her head.

She turns and walks out of the door, hoping that Lydia's prediction hadn't been true. Well, Nate didn't see death in Stiles' future, so maybe Lydia had that feeling about someone else.

But the question was: who?