t w e n t y - n i n e

Author's Note: So I wasn't going to update, but I got a few comments telling me to. And you all know how I love comments! So here you go, and please continue to vote and comment :)

3rd Person POV

There are five stages in the coping process. First, there's denial. Denial that what happened actually happened.

'There's no way Stiles is really dead.'

'This has to be some joke.'

Then there's anger. That's when things are normally broken, fights break out, and yelling occurs.

Then there's the bargaining stage, where you're trying to switch places with said person.

'Take me instead.'

'I'll become a better person.'

Next is depression. Where it finally hits that that event has actually occurred, and sadness overtakes every other emotion.

Lastly, there's acceptance. Some never get to experience this stage. They either stay in the depression stage for the remainder of their lifetime, or they end their pain in any of the harsh stages previously listed.

Both The S Pack and the Hale-McCall pack find themselves scattered amongst these stages, though no one is anywhere close to acceptance. Most have either surpassed the anger stage, or they have yet to experience it.

All they knew is that it hurt. It was the most extreme and harsh pain that they've ever experienced mentally. It may have hurt more than Aiden, Erica, Boyd, or even Allison. This was Stiles. He's been here since anyone could remember, and emotional bonds have been implemented in every single person, Stiles rooting himself into everyone's hearts. Now those roots have been ripped out, leaving intense pain, scars, and holes in their hearts.

It's been a few hours since they had finally gotten the strength to pick themselves up and leave. The sheriff insisted on carrying his son, even though he himself was weak and tired. Blood covered all others, and they winced as their wounds healed themselves. Connor was carrying Nate, who like Lydia, didn't have supernatural healing, and Maddie didn't have the strength to perform the healing incantations. Lydia somehow was left unharmed, but she found herself leaning on Chris, and he let her, knowing she needed the emotional support.

Deaton hurriedly opened the door to his office, and Noah hesitantly placed Stiles' body on the metal table, everyone wincing at the lifeless thud the action made. Melissa rushed in behind the silent ensemble, and it only took one spared glance at Stiles to understand.

For Melissa it was much like Noah, and losing a son didn't only rip out the roots Stiles had implanted, but it took their entire heart with it. Stiles and Scott were brothers, and they shared their parents. Melissa found her way to the empty seat beside Noah, and they both were so consumed in their own grief to notice how they ended up in each other's arms.

Everything was silent except for the occasional sniffle. Even Derek dedicated a few tears to Stiles. It hurt, losing one of their own, and no one noticed Maddie slowly get to her feet and stumble her way to the table. For a while, she just stood and stared intently at the wounds on Stiles' chest. Her eyebrows came closer together until they were meshed, and the corners of her mouth turned down even further.

Then, she turned toward Scott, who was sharing a seat with a sleeping Kira. "Hey, uh, Scott?" Maddie's voice cracked and broke, but Scott's head snapped up nonetheless. "Is this supposed to be happening?" She fixed her gaze back onto her love's chest, and Scott was by her side in a flash after carefully placing Kira in a chair. Derek quickly approached the cold table, along with an exhausted Deaton.

"What do you mean?" Scott demands, and his eyes wander over Stiles' body for any signs of movement. There wasn't any.

Maddie brought a trembling hand up to Stiles' chest, where the gashes were still bleeding. The crimson substance slowly drenched the boy's shirt and stained the table. "I thought that if they were officially dead, the wound stopped bleeding," she explains, and at the same time, the connection is made in Scott's head.

"Wait so that means..." Derek trails off, eyebrows raised, and a faint shadow of joy flashes across his features.

Deaton looked up, making eye contact with a few of the other groggy members who were just waking up. "Stiles isn't dead."

"What?" Noah and Melissa were beside the table as quickly as humanly possible, and they stared up at the group of four to elaborate.

Scott begins yelling and shaking everyone in the room, and they return to the table to meet two very impatient and confused parents, two overjoyed friends, and a skeptical veterinarian. "What's going on?" Malia yawns, and that's all it took for Maddie and Scott to actively explain their new findings.

Only minutes later, all hell broke loose. All previous signs of fatigue disappeared with the words flying out of Scott and Maddie's mouths. Shouts on top of shouts was all that was heard, and Derek quickly silenced them and turned to Dr. Deaton to explain.

With wide frantic eyes, Deaton keeps his gaze locked on Derek. "Derek, you and I need to look through everything I have. I have a feeling that we don't have a lot of time. We need to-"

"Did you ever entertain that Mr. Stilinski may not be completely human?" A familiar voice drawls, and everyone's attention is drawn to the cold-blooded Hale leaning against the doorframe. Shocking he isn't sitting on a staircase.

Immediately Noah gets defensive. "What are you trying to say? Did you do something to my son?" He begins to shout, and his accusatory tone quickly changes to a warning one as he throws threats in Peter's face.

Peter remains unfazed. "You've told Stiles about Sparks, yes?" His attention switches to Deaton, who tries his best to hide his shock at the sudden question.

Derek looks at the darker man, eyes wide in shock. "What about a Spark?" Of course Derek was aware of the basics about a Spark from storied from his mother, but he couldn't actually think to consider the possibilities.

Deaton sighs, slightly uncomfortably under the numerous pairs of eyes stuck on him. "I told him that he needs to be the Spark, but I never actually thought- I mean I never sensed- Could it really be possible?" He begins to mumble to himself and pulls a book from under the table that Stiles is resting on, but Scott catches every word.

"So what's a Spark?" Liam asks, seemingly excited about this subject.

Scott looks up. "Wait. Is that why when we were paralyzed from Tracey, it wore off for Stiles the same time it wore off for me?" Derek darts his eyes back and forth between Scott and Deaton, waiting expectantly for an explanation.

Deaton switches his gaze between all of the expectant eyes in the room while choosing to ignore Peter's bored expression. "The limits of a Spark are blurry and vary on the person to withhold such power. Much like a True Alpha status, you can't make a Spark happen. You have to have the potential and the correct qualities to assume such."

Peter mockingly claps his hands at Alan's explanation. "Now, now. Stiles may be a Spark, but his time is running out. I suggest taking him to the place that started this mess in the first place."

Lydia breathes, "The Nemeton."