Chapter One: Jesus

"So did you guys fuck?" A deep voice asks into the air interrupting my thoughts. I gripped onto my pencil in attempt to block out their voices. Who would ask such a vulgar question in the middle of math class? I look down at my equation filled paper. With 5 out of 25 questions done and only 20 minutes of class left I was desperate to get this test done.

Looking at the clock I'm on the edge of crying. This test is 70% of my final grade in this class. If I don't pass this class I won't be able to graduate. And if I didn't graduate that means I won't be able to go to college and I will be homeless for the rest of my life. Okay now I'm just exaggerating. But still, whoever is talking behind me needs to put a sock in it.

A different but equally deep voice chuckles before saying "What do you think?" I quietly growl under my breath and start counting to ten. Dr. Wall, my therapist told me to count to ten to try to calm down. It usually worked, but not today.

One. "Damn Alex what is that? Third one this week?" Two. "Ha. Fourth, but you know I'm not one to brag." Three. "You a bragger? Never." Four. "Whatever. Hey Val who in this class has your attention?" Five. "Hmmm I don't know. I've been interested in the girl with light brown hair and blue eyes that always sits in the front." Six. "Aw does little Val have a crush?" Seven. "Shut up. What about you Xavier? Don't think i haven't seen you eyeing that pretty girl with dark brown hair in the second row."  Eight. "So? What about you Alex.? Anyone in this class "good" enough for you?" Nine. "Hmm, I don't know. The one in front of us is pretty hot." Ten.

That was it. My anger issues made it difficult to control my words or actions at times. And this was one of those times. I swiftly turned around in my seat now facing the three assholes who don't know what being quiet means.

"Um hi, Most of us are still taking the test so could you respectfully shut the fuck up?" I cursed to all three of them but especially to Alexander, the one in the middle. The class fell into a deeper silence now that they were speechless by how dauntless i was, but i was vivid.

A few seconds passed. Silence. "Miss. King! A raspy voice yelled. Flinching, I turn around looking at Mrs. Jackson standing up from her chair, romance novel in hand. "We've talked about this. You don't use that type of language in this classroom."

Is she really taking their side? "But, didn't you hear them? They kept talking and I couldn't work. And if you're mad about my language you should've heard what they were talking about." I argue narrowing my eyes at them.

"I don't care. I heard you not them. Detention today after school." Before I could say something the bell rings. I sigh helplessly. "Well Well, Guess that didn't go how you thought it would did it?" The same voice that I now hated spoke before chuckling. "You think this is funny?"

"Considering you think you can talk to me like that and get away with it, why yes."  Alexander says his white smile and green eyes making me even more mad. " You think you're so special? You don't scare me." I say harshly.

"Does she know who she's talking too?" He asks them laughing. This was not my proudest moment. "Who do you think you are?" I exclaim attempting to jump on him but getting caught by who I hope were Natalie and Cora. "Okay that's enough human interaction for today." Cora says taking me to the door. Natalie sighs loudly "I'm sorry for whatever she said." I look at her wide eyed "I'm not!" I exclaim before Cora puts her hand against my hand. I lick it trying to get it off but it has no effect on her anymore.

When we finally get out of the classroom Nat and Cora scolded me. "Hey. It's not my fault they started it." I say with my hands in the air. "I'll scold you more after your detention." Cora said Natalie nodding after her. Saying bye to them and I got to my locker and put my combination. 24-2-16. I open the black glossy locker.

I smile at the old pictures and get my stuff for my next three classes. I close my locker and Valentino, one of the guys that I cursed at was behind it. "Ahh." I scream, luckily the hallways were empty so no one heard me unless they had wolf like hearing. "Jesus." I say putting the lock on my locker and locking it. "Nope not him although some people say I resemble a god." He says cockily before smiling. Rolling my eyes I start walking to my next class him following me.

"Do you need something?"  I ask checking my phone for the time. He gives me a weak laugh. "What's so funny?" I ask getting irritated. "Do you know who we are?" He asks referring to him and his friends. I roll my eyes, "Yes I know who you are we have been in the same class since kindergarten." His eyes widen. "Really? I would've remembered a cutie like you." he winks. I make a face of disgust. "Val just leave the poor girl alone."

I turn around and see Xavier and Alexander, the other guys I cursed at. "Damn, I would love to stay and chat with you three but I've got a class to get to." I say trying to hurry and get to my class.

"Ohhh not so fast." Alexander says running in front of me making my hazel eyes meet his bright green ones. A smirk plastered on his face I frown trying to get off his grip. I narrow my eyes at him. "Let go off me." "Why? I think it's only appropriate that we have a nice chat." I scoff. What does he know about appropriate. He finally lets go of me. I rub my arm hoping he wont leave a bruise.

I hear a pair of high heels clicking against the white floor. "Hi babe." Brooke squeals. I roll my eyes "Kill me." I mutter making her face me. Her face hardens but then gets back to the fake smile it always has. "Oh, Andrea what a surprise." She says through her teeth, I simply face at her itching to leave.

"Babe," she says looking at Alexander while Val rolls his eyes. "Why were you talking to her." Before he can say something I intrude. "Actually I was just leaving." I say and hurry to my class before any of them get a chance to stop me. Can this day get any better?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

word count- 1,155

10/17/17

12:42 am