Chapter Four: Family

Shit where are they. I search the things in my case and book bag for my keys. It had been 15 minutes since Nat and Cora left me at my house. I give up, all I see is hair ties. So this is where they all go. I look up at door and notice a gap. I push the door lightly as it opens as wide as can be. Pure fear strikes to my face. I look at the driveway. My mom isn't home, I take out my taser from my book bag and slowly enter my house.

I quickly searched everywhere downstairs and make my way to the stairs. I enter my mother's room, nothing. I entered my brothers rooms which were now piling up dust, once again nothing. I go into my room; there's no one at the house. I shrug it off thinking that maybe I accidentally left it open. I take off my shoes and make my way to the bathroom.

I turn the light on and someone jumps at me. "BOO." I scream and punch them in the face. "BOO-Ow Andy what the fuck." I hear a extremely familiar voice exclaim. I stop screaming and open my eyes in realization.

"Ashton?" I ask still in a ball. Don't cry Andy, It's not him. I finally let myself smile and I hug him tightly. "Ashy I missed you!" I Scream excitedly. He hugs back and chuckles. "I came to give you self defense lessons but I looks like you definitely don't need them." He comments as he checks his eye for any blood. "Yep that's for sure leaving a bruise." He says looking back at me as I sheepishly smile. "Sorry."

I hear noise come from my closet. I look back at Ashton who is still checking his amber eyes. I softly laugh as I make my way to the laughing closet. I open the doors and immediately falls a laughing body onto the floor. "Oh-oh oh my god." Aiden laughed clutching onto his stomach. "I told you not to scare her, you got punched in-in the face." He says laughing even harder.

I look back at the bathroom door and see Ashton head popping out of the side looking like a body less head, his eyes narrowing at our brother. "Okay that's enough." I laugh. "What are you guys doing here anyways?" I question. They looked at eachother then back at me. "We missed our cat." Aiden shrugs as Ashton nods along. I simply look at them. "We don't have a cat, Ashton you're allergic to cats." I say dumbfounded.

They roll their eyes. "Okay fine fine." Ashton puts up his hands. "We missed our little sister." Aiden responds as they both mess up my hair. "That's enough." I say putting it back in place.

"Where were you anyways." Aiden asks. "We were hiding for an hour and a half." I roll my eyes at the memory of this morning. "I got detention and I was out there for like 15 minutes looking for my keys which I apparently lost."  They both think for a second then say "Miss Jackson."

I nod laughing. "That old hag needs to retire already." Ashton says jumping onto my king size bed. "Indeed." Aiden agrees sitting on my desk chair. I sigh as I close the door. There was a lot of catching up that was needing to happen.

-

"I'm going over to Natalie's." I inform my mother as I walk down the stairs, violin case in hand. "What for?" She questions as she checks the mail. She looks up at me and I raise my case. She nods her heels tap the floor as she walks over to the living room, her jet black curls bounced against her tan skin. I roll my eyes as I walk to the door. "I love you too." I whisper wiping the single tear that came out.

"I'm surprised your mom hasn't gotten suspicious of you "coming" over every week." Natalie says biting into her green apple. I shrug. "She will let me do anything if it means it'll help my precious juilliard audition." I say mocking my mother. Don't get me wrong, I have never ending love for her. But ever since what happened with my dad she hasn't been the same.

Sometime I feel like her love for me has vaporized and now there was only love left for my two brothers. Deep down, I know that's not true, but doesn't change the fact that it still hurts. Natalies and Coras chuckles made me zoom back in as I tried to stop thinking about my disfunctional family and tried to enjoy the orange sunset and the clear waters of the beach.

-----------------------------------------

word count: 785

11/15/17

5:14 pm