13 | I Want

CHAPTER 13

"I Want"

Almost a week had passed since the episode of the photo and Eleanor's mood did not change. I felt guilty because somehow I had forced that situation.

During the week my family came to visit me three times, spending whole afternoons with me. My sisters filled the room with joy every time I saw them running to embrace me. My mother, on the other hand, could not leave without crying, but I had already become accustomed.

On Friday, after they left, Eleanor returned to the room. She had had blood tests done, so she had a bandage on her arm. Her face continued to show her moodiness, or perhaps sadness. For me, it was a very uncomfortable situation so I did not hesitate to speak.

"How did it go?"

"They pricked me, so badly," she replied, trying to fake a smile.

"Hey, can you sit here ... with me?" I asked with as much embarrassment as possible. Surely I was blushing.

"In your bed?" She looked at me incredulously.

"Emmm, yes. I want to talk to you about something. "

Slowly, she came up to my bed and as she sat next to me, facing me. I would have liked to have been able to move my legs to leave her more room, but again I was useless and unable even to do that. The frustration was enormous.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I've noticed you ... sad for days. And I feel it's my fault. "

"How would you be to blame?"

"Then I'm right, you're sad. Do you want to tell me what happens? "

We crossed a fleeting glance that let me see that Eleanor was dealing with an internal conflict that would not let her be quiet.

"Those are my things, Louis. I will not add any more concern to the ones you already have. Do not worry. "

"Hey, I want to be able to care for you."

Perhaps my words were too much because Eleanor became uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable. She clasped his hands in her lap and avoided looking at me.

"You should not."

"It's not your choice, El. Are you going to tell me or not?"

A few seconds later I thought she was trying to sort out her ideas. It sure was not an easy situation to explain, so I just gave it time. It was all I could give her at that moment.

"I'm alone, Louis." She said in a broken voice and crying. In an instant she burst into tears in front of me and it seemed to me that I had never seen her so fragile.

"Eleanor, you're not alone. I-"

"Yes, I'm alone. I want to be. "

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I am a burden, because I am a problem. I want..." Her eyes closed slowly, and she collapsed on my chest, fainting.

***********************************

25 comments for the next update!