25 | Yet to Come

25

"Hurry up, Nancy please!" I begged her from my wheelchair.

"I'm packing as fast as I can but you're bag is a mess, son." She told me folding my clothes and putting them inside my bag.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just want to go back to my old room."

"To Eleanor, you mean." She turned to me and smiled.

"I can't wait to tell her the news."

Happiness was growing inside me every second and I knew my heart would explode as soon as I met El again. Even though it was a short time, being away from her had been one of the toughest things I have ever gone through.

But I did not care at all. Now I knew that Eleanor had planed all that just to help me. The tears and depression had been worth it and meant nothing to me right now. The only thing in my mind was the progress in my recovery. And I owed it all to Eleanor. Well, and maybe a bit to Dr. Smith. Mark.

"I'm so happy for you, Louis. And I'm sure El will feel the same when she finds out."

"I hope so. I miss her so much."

"You were apart not even for 48 hours, Louis." She told me laughing.

"It felt like years, Nancy."

She finished packing all my stuff, which were not many though, and pushed my chair through the hospital hallway to my old room. I would have done it myself but I was still shaking excitedly and my hand was pressing my right knee to see if I could get another reaction. Of course nothing happened, but I had to try, right?

When we got to my room I raised my hand asking Nancy to stop.

"I think I got this from here," I told her smiling.

"I'm sure you do." She said giving my bag. "I'll come over later with your dinner, okay?"

"Thank you, Nancy, for everything."

She stared at me for a moment but quickly left as she was about to cry. Nancy was way more than a nurse, she was like family.

Pretending to be a doctor, I knocked on the door before I went in.

"Come in," Eleanor's voice answered from inside.

"Miss Calder," I said with a serious face as I made my way into the room.

"Louis!" she jumped in her bed, making me worry about the cables connected to her wrists. "What- why. Hi." She finally said with her eyes wide open.

"We need to talk," I told her pushing my chair towards her bed while she lowered it to be at my height.

She remained silent and the look on her face showed me she was terrified. I remained silent as well, but looking into her hazel eyes ruined my plan of faking anger.

I could feel my lips curving as a giant smile appeared on my face and my heart began beating faster. Unconsciously, I took her hand in mine and felt myself relaxing at the touch. I had forgotten how much I missed that.

She lowered her head at my reaction but I made her look at me, caressing her cheek.

"It was you, Eleanor."

"What?" her voice broke trying to utter that one word but then quickly realized what I meant.

"You know what I'm talking about." My smile was impossible to hide by now. "It was your idea, wasn't it?"

She gulped and pouted her lips. "Louis, I swear I only wanted to he-"

I interrupted her with the most passionate kiss I had ever given her. Not that we had shared many, but they had all been amazing.

Eleanor was still for a moment but then hugged me by the waist, as I suppose she could not lift her arms much because of the needles and cables. I took her face in my hands and pressed her body as close to me as possible. We kissed for a while and it was perfect, just the two of us again, alone.

"Thank you, El."I whispered against her lips and I felt tears on our lips, but they were not hers. They were mine.

"Louis, what happens?" she pulled away and softly rubbed her fingers against my chin and jaw.

"Dr. Smith told me everything." I explained wiping my tears away. "He told me about the plan. Your plan." I said recovering my smile.

"Oh," she whispered and pressed her lips. "Are you mad at me?"

"You lied to me, babe." I sighed and I saw Eleanor's chest rising while her breathing got uneasy. "And you saved me."

"What?" she asked me narrowing her eyes and moving her body to be even closer to me.

"My body finally reacted. I was finally able to move my-"

"OH MY GOSH, LOUIS!" She screamed enthusiastically jumping over me and crossing her arms around my neck, not giving a shit about the cables. "CONGRATULATIONS! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!"

"EL, WAIT!" I did my best to stop her but then I realized the familiar cables and needles around her wrists were gone. "Wait, where-?"

"You're not the only one with good news to share, honey."

In a rush, the last time I had seen Eleanor crossed my mind, making me shiver. She had been so bad with the serum and oxygen, that it was like if she was a new person now. I looked at her again paying more attention this time. Her delicate face was no longer pale, her hands, still intertwined around my neck, were no cold as usual, and her lips had recovered that pink colour of hers. No doubt she was better.

I had told myself to be strong for both of us but I was overwhelmed. It was not common for us to have good news to share, especially at the same time, so I simply gave up trying to fight my emotions back. But it seemed Eleanor was doing the same because all of a sudden we were hugging and resting our heads on each other's shoulders, crying and comforting like we needed.

"Eleanor," I murmured pulling away and looking straight into her eyes, totally giving up at once. "I love you."

She immediately smiled at me, sobbing and blushing more than ever before. "I love you too, Louis. And I love we take care of each other."

We shared another long kiss, completely relaxed now knowing that the best was yet to come for us. 

***************************************

They're finally on their way to recover ♥ Is the end of this story near? 

Please don't forget to vote and comment! 

Love you, Agus