27 | Future

FUTURE

A good boyfriend must be supportive, right?

I was determined to be one for Eleanor. She had gone through a lot of pain the last time and I was not going to add more to it. I hid my worry, my fear and my sadness and showed her my biggest fake smile and kissed her immediately after so she would not realize.

But my girl was smarter than that.

"What's wrong, Louis?" she asked me breaking our kiss and looking me in the eyes.

"Nothing, babe. I'm just so happy for you." I lied.

"Then why are you so tense?" she asked me again placing her hands on my shoulder to make them relax. "And why are your hands shaking?"

It was useless to keep faking, so I gave up and after considering for a bit, I decided I had to be honest.

"El, I am happy for you, I really am. But-"

"But you're scared of us getting apart," she interrupted me looking down at her lap. "I get it, Lou."

"You do?" I asked her in a whisper.

"Yes. I mean, I'm worried about that too."

"How come? You'll be finally leaving this place. I thought that is what you wanted the most."

"What I want the most is you, Tomlinson." She admitted with a giggle. "I don't want to be away from you. And besides, I have no family or friends. Where am I going to stay anyway?"

"Oh, baby-"

"I rather stay here with you."

Her eyes were shinning a lot and it was obvious she was holding her tears back, so I just pulled her to me and hugged her tight. I wanted her to know that I was there for her and would always be. She was not alone.

We remained like that for a while until an idea, a brilliant one, crossed my mind.

"Why don't you stay at my place?"

Eleanor's sudden reaction made me jump – not literally of course. She had never reacted so fast before, sitting straight and opening her eyes so wide that it was even scary.

"Your place? Like –like with your family?" she sounded like if my proposal was some kind of crime.

"Why not? They like you a lot, maybe even more than me," I chuckled poking her side to make her laugh too. "They'd be glad to have you, trust me."

"You're going insane, honey." She smiled at me rolling her eyes. "They may like me but that doesn't mean they will receive me in your house when you're not even there."

"Let me talk to them-"

"Louis, don't! I can't accept that. I need to figure this out on my own."

"Why? I'm offering you my help, El."

"And I really appreciate it, I do. But please understand me," she sighed again, taking more time to talk again this time. "I need to prove myself I can do this."

I parted my lips but before I could speak she gave me a kiss to shut me up. Although I wanted to answer her, I gave up to her kiss. She had some sort of power over me.

-

Back in our room I felt some sort of tension, but then I realised it was just me. I was suddenly focusing on all the things I would miss when Eleanor left me: no more meals together, no more staying up all night talking and cuddling in my bed and no more good morning or good night kisses.