Chapter VI Getting to Know the Family Secret

He flew quite a few yards before landing on his knees. He looked back, and yelled, "Why?"

"This is fun!" I called to him.

"Oh, right, full Saiyan, yeah, it makes sense," he mumbled, brushing himself off. "Okay, I'll fight, but I'll go easy," he said loud enough I could hear. My fists clenched. Go easy?

"Let's g--"

I ran full speed at him before he can finish. He flinched back in surprise right before I hit him into the ground. He caught his balance and bounced back up, going at me. I dodged and hit, laughing in joy. Sparring was the best thing anyone could do.

"Okay, I won't go easy, but don't complain if you get hurt," he warned.

"Sure." I lowered my head and grinned at him.

We both ran at each other, then collided. Our punches and kicks were faster than any human could see. I took the few punches he managed to land, and punched right back. He flew back and crashed into the pile of cut wood that was near the house. Goten got up, and went to Trunks. I breathed heavily, smiling at them. It always felt good to prove a male opponent wrong.

"She's all yours," Goten breathed, grimacing his arm.

"But--" Trunks protested.

"What, afraid to fight me?" I challenged, brushing off dirt from my bare legs.

"Okay then," Trunks said reluctantly.

He flew to me, and landed softly on the grass.

"Don't go easy," I stated, taking up a stance.

"Okay," he said with an odd tone.

I ran at him first. I punched hard, but got it blocked. The force pushed me back. I shook my head, and ran to him again.

We struggled; I struggled, but no matter how hard I tried, how much of my true power I used, I couldn't hit him. I burst out with more energy, as I heard Prince Vegeta and Kakarot cheering on in the sidelines. I finally landed one, punching him hard in the face.

His lip and nose began bleeding. I spit on the ground, ignoring the pains in my forearms, legs, and stomach as I laughed in triumph. But his face turned different. He frowned in anger. I saw light emitting from him.

"Okay, now it's hardball," he said, as the light grew brighter. His hair began to glow, to change. It grew blonde, gold. His whole aura shone gold. With a sudden burst of energy, I looked away briefly as the wind beat at me. The ground shook. I squinted, covering my eyes as I saw before me a legend, a myth.

"The legendary Super Saiyan," I whispered, falling to my knees.

"What do you mean legendary?" Goten asked. "We can all do it."

I watched in awe as, one by one, Goten, Gohan, Prince Vegeta, and Kakarot transformed into the warrior of myth.

This can't be true. I fainted.