Chapter XII-Breveena vs. Helda

I woke up with a start again. When I realized I was awake, I stopped shaking. After much thought, I slipped into Trunks' room yet again. Right as I was sitting down at my usual seat, Trunks sat up. He stared at me as my face grew hot. I never got used to the humility of being caught acting weak. It had been a month since I started school, and I went into his room countless times on the behalf of my bad dreams.

"Another bad dream?" he asked, a serious look on his face. When he saw I was flustered, he broke into a smile. "Come over here." He gestured with his hand to go over.

I lay down next to him, and settled comfortably at his side. I have done this too much, I thought, but again remembered how comforting it was to actually speak out my fears. The bad dreams had gotten way worse since I came here.

Trunks turned my way, and rested his chin on his hand, looking at me. "Tell me about it."

"It was about my father," I began. "He was in trouble. I think he's looking for me. And he's all alone. He was in danger when I woke up." I squeezed my hands together almost painfully, remembering the image. The guy attacking him... looked familiar...

"It's not real though," Trunks assured, taking my hand to make it stop shaking.

"Maybe it is," I realized aloud. "I have had dreams that came true. Too often to consider deja vu." I shook my head, remembering. "Yes, my father said I got the gift from my grandfather; only I can't read minds like him."

"Really?" I seen the appalled look on his face even in the dark.

"Yes, I've won battles by knowing their strategies; their powers." I shook my head. "I haven't had one in a while though. I was too caught up with school and training to remember."

"Well, we'll get to the bottom of this soon; maybe we can ask for help from some of Goku's friends."

"Okay," I said uncertainly.

"Just try not to think of it now; we have to get up in the morning."

"Yes," I whispered, finally settling in.

_____________________________

I was doing very well in school, even having a few A's, mostly for the math-related classes. I had settled down in Orange Star High School, even had friends that were girls. They talked a lot about boys, especially Trunks. They loved to gush over how cute he is, and to tell the truth, I agreed with them. He was more handsome then the other guys in the school. Well, he is the Prince's son.

I wasn't always with Trunks, but around him enough to always get angry looks from girls. Goten simply said they were 'jealous.'

It was another regular day at school. I was walking down the hallways with a few friends when a girl came up to me. She stopped right in front of me as I was in the hall. Her chest came up to my face, and I looked up at the very large girl.

"It's Helda," my friend said beside me, visibly shaking. I heard about her. Seemed to be the school bully, mostly picking on weak people though. She was yet another girl crazed about Trunks.

She was chewing gum, loudly, and gave me the up and down look. "I heard you go to Trunks' house. My friend's friend's cousin told me that she saw you two leaving Capsule Corp. together in the morning."

"Yes," I said.

"Are you related to him?"

"No." I gave my friend Melonie a look. She shrugged, and made a gesture with her finger to her head. Crazy she means? I wondered.

"Good, because Trunks is mine. I claimed him the minute I walked into this school. I don't even allow fan clubs that so many girls already tried to start." She scoffed, feeling accomplished. "And I won't allow you to like him. You know that," she said to the girls around us. All of them cringed and fell behind me.