Chapter VIII-Saiyan, Unstable

I stood there, absorbing everything I just heard. Prince Vegeta and Kakarot waited.

The dragon balls were magical orbs that could grant any wish, if you collected all seven...even resurrect the dead. They were used to bring both the Prince and Kakarot back at least once. But they had died before, even Trunks and Bulma died before. And they thought that normal, fine?

"I know it's a lot to take in Breveena, but they have helped us in so many ways," Kakarot soothed. I guess he thought I was reacting badly to his information. I stood, more in thought. That means...

"How come you never tried to bring your race back then?" I asked, pretty ticked off. "Don't you know how much we miss them--I want to meet them?"

"But Breveena, it's complicated," Vegeta began, but I just turned away, even angry at him. How could he turn his back on his people?

"You had a chance," I stated, tears welling in my eyes. How come they couldn't do that? They are Saiyan. Why wouldn't they want to bring them back; or at least their family?

They tried to talk to me, but I was too upset. I stood up and flew away from Capsule Corp, from them.

I went as fast as I could, pushing my speed full throttle so I landed at a desert in seconds.

I fell to the floor and sobbed. Don't they understand I'm lost without clinging onto the hope of finding others like me?  Others who would understand how it is to fight, to be proud of our heritage?

I stood up, wiping my face with my forearm.

"AHHHH!" I screamed in fury, letting my anguish all out. I felt the waves of energy pour out, and paid no attention to the ground shaking underneath me. Why should I care for their new home? I thought bitterly. They didn't care for mine, or my parents.

I let out another scream. I was drained in seconds for going too far. I slunk to the floor, shoulders heaving as my weak body barely held itself up. The earth beneath me sizzled. I stood on a tower of rock, a large crater blow, surrounding me.

Why did I stay anyway, they have no intentions of meeting the others. I sighed.

"Well, guess it's back home." I flew a little low while I made my way to my space pod, as I thought things over in my conflicted mind. I passed over the hole where that desert used to be.

I reached my old home, opening the door with my remote I always kept. I went into the main control room where I kept all my things. Taking out familiar clothing from the cabinet, I pulled them out, leaving stuff strewn over the floor. I ripped off the clothes I had on earlier, and got dressed in my old uniform. The stretchy material pulled snugly over my body. I sat in my chair that overlooked the windshield, and just watched. I took in a deep breath as I finalized my thoughts.

I felt an energy source. Hmm. Stepping out of my ship, I looked out into the setting sun to see Trunks landing. I put on my last boot as he walked across the gap between us. He seemed upset.

"Breveena, you don't have to leave. My dad and Goku were just trying to explain they couldn't bring everyone back even if they wanted to. The Dragon won't grant life back to people without a body. The Saiyans were destroyed in the explosion, so they have no body to return to. Plus, Dad already gone over it with Goku and I. They were way different from you guys. They would continue killing people for the thrill of it. My dad was like that too. He died once trying to fix that mistake when I was a kid." He ran his hand threw his hair as he thought. "It's just; none of us want you to leave. We all like you. We don't want to see you leave after we just got to know you."

I leaned back against the frame of the door while I turned over what he said in my head.

"I know you want to see them, but so do I." Trunks looked away shyly. "Father always talked of how great they were and stuff. Better than us Earthlings. But you," he said, looking into my eyes. "My father was a Prince of them, I know that. But you," he said, gesturing broadly at me. "Are the perfect example of a Saiyan. Though you are the most proud of them all, you have a nobler purpose to be than Dad. I think that's what makes you special."

I smiled a little.

"So are going to leave still?"

"I was just going here to change clothes," I told him. "I thought it over already. I decided I didn't want to leave. It is fair Prince Vegeta doesn't want them alive again. Plus, I still have a lot to learn." I shrugged and grinned at his shocked face.

"You, um, were--"

"Also I have to say sorry to them." I interrupted his stammers.  "I do tend to act out aggressively when I'm angry."

"I know, I felt you angry." He smirked finally, as I rose into the sky. "Remind me not to ever get you like that."

I chuckled. "Come on; I'll race you to Capsule Corp."

"You're on!"

With that, I unknowingly became part of the family.

_____________________________________________________________________________

So, this is another. Just saying, all the Saiyans I created were made, I believe, the traditional way. Using vegetable names as a base. You know, Kakarot, Carrot, Raditz, Raddish. So, the father, her mothers name(not mentioned yet), and my main character's name is based off that. Just if you wanted to know. :) I hope you enjoyed.