0.00

Nova's POV
England 806 A.D.

I was walking through the forest like I often did when I heard yelling and immediately went to investigate. I soon saw a group of four village kids a few years older than I am harassing two kids that seemed to be a year or two younger than I.

"What are you idiots doing? Don't you know not to pick on people smaller than you, and girl at that." I yelled angrily making my presence known.

"Nova Alston, why would you want to help these freaks. There witches." A meaty ugly boy stated his beady eyes glaring at the boy and girl who stared at me.

"Well I don't see them doing witchcraft, so leave them alone this instant." I demanded as I went to stand in front of the two. My father was a very well respected man in the village so I knew they'd obey.

"Whatever, your just as much of a freak as they are then." The lead bully mumbled before walking off.

"You shouldn't listen to anything people in this village have to say. This town is full of small minded idiots. Even if you are witches I think it's great." I said softly as I turned to look at the two who stared at me with awe.

"I'm Nova, what's your names." I asked with a small smile.

"I'm Jane, this is my twin brother Alec." The girl, Jane stated and I beamed at the both of them.

"Beautiful names for beautiful twins." I exclaimed and they both blushed.

"I'm not beautiful." Jane muttered and I frowned at her.

"Whoever said that?" I asked.

"Lots of people in the village." Jane looked down.

"Don't ever let anyone tell you your not beautiful princess. Your absolutely perfect." I stated with a smile as I reached down and picked two roses that were in a nearby bush.

"You too Alec." I commented as I handed the rose to Alec and put the other in Janes hair. They both smiled at me and I grinned back.

"Now tell me, how old are you two darlings?" I asked after a moment. They both looked down and I took my hand and pushed there chins up gently.

"Were six, today's actually our birthday." Alec muttered.

"Well that's fantastic darlings, we must celebrate." I jumped up, pulling the twins with me.

"I'm not sure Nova, the townspeople don't really like us." Jane murmurs.

"Who says we'll be going into town." I smirk and the twins giggle, causing my smirk to turn into a smile.

"There you go darlings, you have beautiful laughs and I shall make it my mission to hear it more." I said while pulling the twins towards town.

"Now you can stay on the edge of town and I shall go and get everything that is necessary." I told while moving into town, sending the twins a wink before going into the necessary shops.

I entered the small bakery and walked towards the area where the cakes are.

"Hello Miss. Nova, what can I do for you today." The kind man behind the counter asked.