11.00

[ authors note: I changed the ending of the chapter so please go ahead and read that. I've decided to end this book because I don't have the inspiration to finish it and I want to work on some other fics and finish the ones that I no longer want to write. please understand this. ]

Some people got to live their entire life without knowing any real tragedy. They loved, they won, they died. They were, in Nova's opinion, the luckiest people in the world. They never knew what it was like to feel pain, real and true. They never felt a physical emotion when their heart broke into a million pieces. They never had to put that heart back together.

It took centuries for Nova to even begin to put her heart back together.

The process had been pain staking and tragic. It had led to many deep gashes as she tried to put the sharp shards of what used to be a soul back together. Nova would never be whole again. Even if she was able to put her heart back together ( she never did ) that heart would still be blackened and tainted. It would be a black whole, uninhabitable and full of disaster for any of those that dared get to close. She refused to let anyone try.

Until she didn't have to anymore. The shock of having her heart miraculously put back together left her staggering and light headed. She felt as though she were on cloud nine, floating and without any tether to the planet. Except they were tether. In that one second she saw them, Alec and Jane became her soul purpose for breathing ( in the metaphorical sense ) because they were the only ones that could possible fix her heart.

After being so totally alone, left in the void that was her blackhole heart it was so strange to have company there. Yet there they were. Two beautiful rays of light in the darkness that freed her from chains she didn't know she even held in the first place.

Dear god did she love them because of that.

They sat in their rooms. Sprawled out over their bed. Taking in the pure pleasure of each other's company.

Nova was in the middle, a position she was not upset about in the slightest. She loved being surrounded by them. Their touch, their scent, even their presence sent Nova in a frenzy and if her long dead heart still beat it would run a marathon ever second she was near them. The scent of roses was now a constant aroma etched into their skin and it made the immortal practically purr in happiness because she was theirs and they were hers, forever.

"We know that my love." Alec whispered, voice filled with so much love ( and underlay amusement ) it made her heart swell.

"I was talking aloud again wasn't I?" Nova pondered, hiding her head in her mates brown hair in faux embarrassment. Though she truly just wanted to inhale his scent even more then she already was.

"Not that we mind. We are yours, and you are ours." Jane replied and Nova could die in that very second from the pure happiness she bathed in.

It was just Nova's luck that at that moment a knock resounded from the door in the other room and Nova didn't bother to bite down the growl that escaped her at the interruption.

"I wouldn't interrupt if it wasn't urgent, but Master Aro wants everyone in the throne room. Now." Demetri's smooth voice spoke through the door and both the twins stiffened slightly at the sound of their master needing them.

Not wanting to put either of her lovers in an awkward position Nova reluctantly removed herself from them and got up, her blonde and brunette mates following close behind. The immortal absentmindedly fixed her red locks while Jane put her hair back into its tight bun. Within seconds the trio were at the door and down the hallway, opening the large door and going to the erratic king who smiled happily at the sight of the red headed immortal.

"My dear Nova, I have a proposition for you." The king announced, beckoning her forwards. Nova raised an eyebrow in question as he continued. "You have been staying with us for quite some time now, and I figured, if I may be so bold, that it was time that you change your statues as a guest, to a member of the Coven."

Aro reached into a pocket of his robe then, and pulled out a beautiful satin box, opening the lid he showed the ring to her. It was beautiful, with small rubies encrusted on the sides, and the Volturi Crest sitting in the middle. It was a statement, a clear proposition to induct her into the Coven. To be a member of the Volturi.

"Aro, I don't know what to say." The girl murmured, looking at the ring, then to the raven haired king, then to her mates to watched, hope shining in their eyes.

"You don't have to answer now if course my child. Just think about it." Aro held out the box to her, a clear sign that he wanted her to take it. Nova did just that, sliding the ring into her pocket and nodding.

"I will." She replied, looking away and taking a step back.

"Good good." Aro cheered, clapping his hand and make a motion for Demetri. "Demetri, bring in the first law breaker."

Nova moved to stand behind the twins, slightly in the shadow of one of the pillars. Jane leaned back minutely and Nova allowed her hand to brush against the blonde immortals back. Jane and Alec were here, they were all here, and alive, and for Nova, that was all that mattered.