8.00

The next morning was, suffice to say, very tense. Everyone could feel the intensity in the air, it seemed to crackle around people. Though everyone pretended it wasn't, this was something you just couldn't ignore.

Walking out into the snow Nova looked down at herself. The white fur jacket she wore, in almost a sense of irony at how closely it resembled the cloak she wore when she had her 'rose' facade on.

Today would be different, today would be the day everyone found out about her. It was something she had decided last night, holding the innocent sleeping angel in her arms.

Nova would do anything to make sure she was safe, even if that meant intimating the Volturi on the highest level.

The old vampire lifted her hood, the extra material sufficiently covering her face and crimson hair from view. The girl stood just a few steps behind Edward, while using her power to create a mental shield around the part of his mind that knew about her gift, about who she was.

She wasn't afraid, not like the other immortals were at least. Nova knew no Volturi member could ever harm her. It was the thought of loosing her family that scared her. Nova feared loosing he Cullen's. She feared loosing Vladimir and Stephan. She feared loosing Renesmee.

Nova had already lost to many people in her life to loose even more.

The red headed girl stood tensely in the snow, idly thinking back to the conversation the Cullen witnesses had in the early hours of the morning.

"I wonder if the Rose will be there." A voice Nova realized to be Garretts asked, and the girl immediately listened intently at the hearing of her name.

"The Rose, she's a myth isn't she. Just a vampire fairy tale." One of the Irish Coven spoke in disbelief.

"She's real alright, I heard she's even powerful enough to scare the Volturi."

"I heard she's just the Volturi's bitch."

"I know she's real, I saw what she did to a vampire years back."

"Well if she's real, I sure as hell hope she's not on the Volturi's side."

That voice was Emmetts, Nova thought dimly.

Oh they'll find out soon enough.

Suddenly Nova heard footsteps, many of them, all gliding against the white snow.

They were coming, and quickly to.

"The redcoats are coming, the redcoats are coming."

Garretts words, though slightly funny, did nothing to diffuse the tension, which was so thick it could practically be cut with a knife.

Nova closed her eyes for a split second, and when she opened them back up, they were all their.

The famed Volturi. Nova didn't waste her time bothering to look at any of the other witnesses, or members of the guard. She knew about Demetri, and Felix, the tracker and the muscle. Demetri would be easy enough to evade with her gift. As for Felix, he wouldn't be an issue either. Their were also the Witch Twins. Nova had never heard their names, but she heard of their power. Though interesting, they wouldn't be a problem.