epilogue

They prowled in the night, standing on the balls of their feet and keeping to the shadows and alleys of buildings. A girl with red hair led them, her body language portraying that she was the leader with two loyal followers. She turned, looking back at the two shadows that followed her dutifully, watching her with such reverence that anyone who saw the look on their face would believe she was a god they prayed to. Her lips curled fondly, red eyes brightening as her eyes flickered down from the building they were atop of to the alleyway where their pray congregated.

The men stood in a loose circle, talking loudly and flapping their hands wildly as they yelled vulgar things at women who past by in their intoxicated state, stopping every so often to take a drink from the bottles in their hands.

The red head curled her lips in disgust, fangs glistening as venom filled her mouth. The alcohol running through their veins would make their blood more potent, but Nova couldn't care less, her thirst igniting at the sight of such low lives getting to live while she, the ultimate predator, thirsted for blood.

They would not live until dawn.

Jane brushed against her, pale hand coming to rest on Nova's leather clad shoulder as cruel delight danced in her eyes. A message past between both of them, Jane turned to glance at Alec, who nodded.

Alec went first, landing silently in the shadow of a large truck. His palms opened and a familiar black mist escaped him. Nova watched, just as captivated with what he could do as the first time he had done it.

The most curled around the ankles of the soon to be dead men who were to interested in finding the bottom of their vodka bottles to notice the inky substance that was rising up their legs in deep black tendrils. They only noticed that something was wrong when it was to late, Alec having cut off their ability to talk while Jane moved to the entrance of the alley. Nova touched their minds softly, persuading them to move further into the darkness.

Once they were safely out of sight the predators attacked, and no one stood a chance.

They walked amongst ruins. Trees now grew where buildings had stood, and the telltale signs of life that had no doubt been scared away by the sounds of predators remained everywhere.

There was no lasting scent of the town that had once stood. Crumbling walls that were mostly destroyed by fire, and Nova had no doubt that if she dug deep enough she would find the bodies of the people she once knew.

No one had inhabited the area. It was to hidden by dense forest and wilderness, and to far away from the big towns that had boomed in the years Nova had been away.

She had not returned to this place in a very long time, but her human memories came to the surface all the same at the sight of the place where she had grown up.

Alec and Jane had decided against coming with her, not wanting to see the place where they had once almost burned to death, and Nova could not blame them for that. That did not change the fact that Nova was still thankful for this place, thankful that this town had come to be made because without it Nova would have been long sense dead, and her life would have been without meaning because it did not have the twins in it.

She made her way down where the marketplace had once stood, the pathway long sense destroyed and lush greenery standing. She simple stood for a moment, allowing her very being to go back to a time where she had existed here, when she had stood, rosy cheeks and beating heart in this very spot and waited for her mother to finish getting bread from the baker. All the centuries ago and Nova could still remember the scent of fresh flowers, baked bread, and the less then pleasant stench that surrounded the goats which were penned several meters away.

She let those memories slip away and instead moved away from the once bustling marketplace that had held her lovers burning bodies and made her way to a place that she had not seen in a very long time. Nova went home.

The house had not been touched by the fire, tucked away in a secluded part of the forest where the vampires had not burned it. Nova had found out that her uncle had stayed in the house for years before he to died, and the house had say abandoned sense.

It had long sense crumbled under age and the elements, but the remains still stood, and Nova knelt down where her bed had once been as if she expected the doll she had played with as a child to just appear before her. Alas, no doll appeared, and Nova was left with empty memories and death.

On her final stop she visited a new addition that had not existed when Nova was alive.

The family crypt that her uncle built was quite beautiful. Made of stone and brick with vines that curled up the sides and a rod iron gate that squeaked severely when she opened it. Inside there were twelve slabs with names carved into them.

To her left their were the names of people she did not recognize, but knew to be her extended family. There was her uncle Thomas and his wife Eva, her cousins Ralf and Agnes, as well as Ralf's wife Joan and their daughter Sarah.

On the other side were the bodies of those she knew and loved. Her grandmother and grandfather were first, Elizabeth and Geoffrey Alston were some of the towns founding members, and they were well loved by their community, and by their family. Next to them was the body of Henry Alston, her father. It had taken Nova five hundred years to forgive the man, and to this day she still didn't linger at his grave, choosing instead to look to the one below his, where her mother lay. Mary Alston had been a kind woman, with red hair and pale eyes, and Nova had loved her despite the fact that she had wanted Nova to marry young.

Nova looked to the two names beside her mother and felt a pang of grief hit her. Anna Alston who reminded her so much of Renesmee that it hurt. Anna who deserved to see the world, and marry a prince, and get her happily ever after, Anna who she missed more then anything. Anna who had been so young, Anna who had burned alive.

Inside the final slab Nova knew would be empty. Her uncle having not found the body of the last Alston when he created the crypt but had added her in anyway.

Nova Alston was a beautiful human girl with a pretty smile and red hair she had inherited from her mother. Nova was a kind hearted girl who had taken in the two strange twins that the rest of the town feared. Nova Alston had a beating heart that was filled with love and kindness.

Nova Rose was not the person that should be in that grave, not anymore. But she wasn't the broken immortal that the Romanians had taken in, or the vengeful killer Carlisle had given his last name to.

No, Nova Rose was content to put all of those names behind her and take up a new one, the last name of her lovers, the final last name that she would ever have.

Slowly Nove stood from where she sat, crouching infront of a grave that was no longer hers and pulled out the ring that had bee weighing heavily in her pocket and slipped it into the finger. She looked down, and found that she didn't mind the way the Volturi crest looked on her hand, especially not when it meant an eternity with Alec and Jane.

With that in mind, Nova left the ghost of a life she wasn't meant to live, and went home.

AUTHORS NOTE

I know I said that I would continue this book, but I just haven't had the inspiration to write it. I really just wanted this story to be finished so I could check one thing off my list with the start of the school year.

I hope you guys understand and thank you so much for coming on this wild ride with me.