Our Song (8)

"Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey!" a familiar voice cried out with a sing-song tone, and suddenly someone was jumping on my bed.

"Get off my bed before you end up dead!" I replied in the same annoying sing-song voice.

Leslie giggled, doing as she was told and hopping off my bed. I sat up, letting out a yawn before rubbing at my eyes.

"Why are you here?" I asked her as I stretched. "Not that I'm not happy to see you or anything, but..." I looked over at my clock on my nightstand. "It's six o'clock in the morning. I don't usually get up for another half an hour."

Leslie shrugged. "You know I'm a morning person."

"And you know I'm not." I rubbed at my eyes again. "How did you even get inside my house?"

"Your dad let me in when he left for work," she explained, sitting down next to me and smiling happily. Her knee bounced up and down, and she shook as she sat there. What was up with her?

"What time did you wake up today?" I asked. "What time do you usually wake up?"

"I usually wake up at around five thirty," she informed me, bopping her head up and down as her knee continued to do the same.

"So you've been up since five thirty?" I questioned now, just to clarify. It was only a half an hour before what time it was now, and Leslie usually took a long time to get ready. And then there was the time that it took to get to my house. She wouldn't have been here until six thirty, at the earliest.

"Oh, I've been up all night," she waved away, as if it was no big deal at all. I stared at her for a second, trying to think of what to say. How could she be this hyper if she had been up all night? She was never this hyper even when she slept normally.

I stared at my best friend for a second. "What have you been doing all night?"

Leslie looked at me for only a second before bursting out into giggles, and I immediately knew that something wasn't right. I straightened up, sitting next to her now as I waited for her giggling to stop.

"I was with Derrick!" she admitted, breaking out into another fit of giggles again while I stared at her with wide eyes and my mouth agape.

"You... were with Derrick?" I asked, fearing the worst. That jerk said that he wouldn't try anything with Leslie! Did he lie to me?

Leslie nodded excitedly. "Yeah, I was!"

This wasn't happening. This wasn't happening. Leslie wasn't the kind of girl that would do something like this, even if she did like him. She always said that she wanted to wait for the guy that she was going to spend the rest of her life with, but if she had done anything with Derrick...

"What did you do with him?" I questioned, waiting for the worst possible answer to come from her mouth.

"We didn't have sex, silly," she giggled, poking me in the side. "We just drank!"

I had to slap my hand over my mouth to stop myself from screaming. If I woke up my mom and she saw Leslie the way she was, she probably would have just yelled at me later and then assume Leslie was a bad influence that I wouldn't be allowed to be around anymore.

"You... drank?" I whispered harshly, running a hand through my hair as I tried to imagine Leslie actually drinking. "Like... alcohol?"

She nodded, laughing as she fell back onto my bed. I stared at her. What was happening to my best friend? She hadn't ever touched an alcoholic drink in her life! Unlike Cassie, who had gotten drunk so many times that it wasn't even funny. I had even had alcohol before, but never enough to get drunk!