Our Song (23)

I was literally going to rip my locker right from the wall. I couldn't even remember a time that it had ever been this messy, which wasn't good considering the fact I seriously needed my English book for my next class.

"And just how were you able to get out of class again?"

At the sound of this voice, I jumped right into my locker door in surprise. Blake chuckled as he took a step closer to me, his hand immediately moving to my shoulder, which had been what had hit my locker.

"We still had that old sub who can barely see," I nearly heaved, even though I had no reason to be scared. Though Blake and I had been in this same exact position the day before, and we had ended up breaking up, it didn't mean that it was going to happen again. "But let me guess. You saw me walk by your classroom and left to come see me."

Blake shrugged, stepping forward and wrapping his arms around my waist, bringing me closer so our chests were now touching. "Schizophrenia can be helpful sometimes, when you want to get out of class."

I laugh, ruffling at his hair, which was much easier to do when he didn't have his headphones on like right then. "Yeah, but it's a real bitch the rest of the time."

Blake laughed, leaning in to kiss me. But before our lips could meet, the bell rang shrilly above us, and Blake distanced himself away from me. I frowned, grabbing onto his wrist and pulling him back so his arms were around my waist once again.

"Are you sure?" he asked uncertainly, looking around as the halls began to flood with other kids.

I nodded. "I'm sure."

His lips met mine, and I placed my hands on the back of his neck as the halls continued to fill up. The kiss was nowhere near as passionate as the day before, but that was because we weren't alone like we had been before.

I knew people were staring at us, even though my eyes were closed. I could hear everyone whispering, but this didn't bother me in the slightest. I hadn't been worried about what people I barely knew thought, I had been worrying about what my friends thought, because I knew it wasn't going to be good.

So when I heard a screech, I wasn't very surprised. It was way too familiar, and I knew that Blake and I were going to be interrupted in three, two, one...

"Leah!" Cassie shrieked once she had gotten up to Blake and me, causing us to finally pull apart from each other. "What... what the hell are you doing?"

"Kissing my boyfriend," I informed her matter-of-factly, not about to deny anything anymore. "It's not a problem or anything, since kissing is something that couples do."

She looked so angry that I thought she was going to explode. "But... but I thought... I thought you and Sean were dating!"

I shrugged, shaking my head as well. "You thought wrong."

She stomped her foot, letting out a shout before spinning around and stalking off in the direction of her classroom. I let out a laugh, turning back toward Blake and kissing him again, not caring who saw.

"So... I'm guessing you guys aren't a secret couple anymore," we heard from beside us now, and we turned to see a smiling Jane, who looked even happier than I did. Blake and I both nodded. "That's so great! And I'm so glad that you're not fighting anymore!"

The people in the halls were starting to thin out now, which meant that if we didn't leave for class right then, we weren't going to make it. This really sucked, considering the fact that I still couldn't find my English book when we needed it more than ever.

"Are you guys ready to go to class?" Jane now asked, as if noticing the same thing I was.

"Not yet," I chuckled nervously, turning back toward my open locker to look for the stupid book. "I need to find my English book. I was looking for it before, but someone interrupted me before I could find it."