Our Song (16)

I had to do it that day or I was going to chicken out and never tell him that I knew. I didn't know how he was going to respond, but I had to get over my fear and just tell him that I knew about his secret.

I gulped as I started up the stairs to his apartment before school started. I was hoping he hadn't left for school yet, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he had. It wasn't like I told him that I was coming over...

Just as I got to the top of the stairs and saw his door, it opened. I smiled a little bit, happy that I was about to catch him before he could head off to school. We were all alone, which was really what we needed to be when I told him. I didn't want anyone else around us...

"Blake," I called out to greet him, hurrying my way towards him and smiling at him. "Sorry I didn't tell you I was coming over; I wanted it to be a surprise. I just wanted to tell you something import--"

My eyes widened and I cut myself off when I looked up to see Blake, his long black locks completely gone. His hair was shaven off now in a buzz cut, and I thought I was going to faint at the sight.

"Blake?" I asked, swallowing when I noticed that I had squeaked. "You cut your hair!"

Blake suddenly smirked, a kind of smirk that I had never seen on his face before. It reminded me of Sean or Derrick, and I really didn't like it on him. It just... didn't seem right.

"Yeah, I did," he nodded, moving closer to me and snaking his arm around my neck. "I thought that it was a better look for me. What do you think? Aren't I handsome and good looking?"

He wasn't wearing his headphones, which probably surprised me even more than what he was saying. Was he hearing voices? Was that why he had cut his hair and was acting so strangely?

When I heard a door open and shut, I turned to see who it was. My eyes widened when I saw Blake, who was now staring at the boy who had his arm around me before looking over at me right afterwards.

I thought I was going to scream. Blake was standing in front of his front door, and yet someone who looked exactly like Blake had his arm around me right then.

"Thomas," Blake snapped, his eyebrows furrowed at the boy standing beside me. "Let go of her now."

This Thomas guy did as he was told, smirking the entire time he did so. He looked at Blake, and then to me, and I was sure glad that I wasn't able to read minds. I was sure I didn't want to know what he was thinking...

"Um..." I uttered once an uncomfortable silence floated in the air around us.

"Leah, this is my brother, Thomas," Blake introduced now, looking very unhappy as he gestured toward his brother. "Thomas, this is my good friend Leah."

"Oh, so you're Leah," Thomas nodded, taking another step toward me. I bit the inside of my lip, not wanting this guy any closer to me. He might have looked like Blake, but I could already tell that he wasn't like his brother at all. "You're the girl that got Blake to start talking again."

I nodded, not saying a word to him. There really wasn't nothing to say, considering the fact that I never even knew he had existed before that moment then. But obviously he knew who I was by the way he was acting...

"I didn't expect you to be so cute," Thomas said now, nearly circling around me as if he was a lion and I was prey. "When Blake told me about you, I was expecting a geeky, chubby girl with glasses. I didn't think Blake could ever associate himself with anyone who was actually hot, even if he does have my face. You definitely proved me wrong."

I had nothing to say back to that, so I kept my mouth shut and just glared at him. Maybe Blake had a good reason to never tell me that he had a twin...