Chapter 31. Sick.

"Paul or Jacob?" 

"Ew Leah, no"

"All I wanna know is who's got the bigger-"

"Leah!" 

"Fine don't answer. That's probably best, you will probably let it slip while we're phased and Jacob would learn who you think is bigger and better and if it's not him he may get a bit angry and kill Paul"

We were playing a game of questions, we could ask each other anything. No limits, and we only got 5 passes. I just used one of mine. There's no way I'd ever answer that question.

"Okay Leah. You get one great night with one of the guys. Who do you pick?"

"Embry" She didn't even hesitate. I guess all the other guys have imprints except Embry, and he's nice. He's also very good looking. "Do you wish you had imprinted on Paul?"

"It would have been easier drama wise and it would have made it less complicated with Mason and his step dad and step mum would also be his aunt and uncle. I mean how messed up is that? But no. I'm happy"

"Now that all the crap with Bella is over?"

"I mean, I'd still like to kick her ass"

"Wouldn't we all" Leah raised her mug of hot chocolate and I raised mine high "At lease you had your chance... I wish I got a shot at her. I'd eat her alive and enjoy every bit of it"

"Here, here" I pulled my blanket up closer and brushed Mason's hair out of his face. He had fallen asleep in the bed in between us, he hadn't been feeling well the past couple of days and he has had a slight temp. This is the first time he's been able to have a proper nap. He keeps waking himself up in a coughing fit. 

So Leah and I had to stay back and watch the imprints while the guys were on patrol the past couple of days. With all the new vamps coming into town for Bella, they had to make sure they weren't wondering onto the res and feeding off of our people. And I don't think they wanted us out there when we aren't connected through the pack anymore, we wouldn't be able to communicate.

"How is he?" Emily walked in with some snacks for us and a bottle for Mason. Emily, Rachel and Kim were watching movies downstairs together, they didn't bother us and we didn't bother them. It wasn't like we didn't like them. I love them all, I just want to stay in bed with my baby and Leah didn't want to be down there with them. 

"Still has a slight temp but he hasn't chucked today so that's good. He should be waking up soon so thank you for the bottle" Emily gave me a pity smile. We all hated seeing Mason like this but it was hardest on Paul and myself. Paul felt bad because he couldn't be here to help me with our son and I felt bad because I couldn't do anything to get rid of the sickness, I could only give him some medicine and hope it helped take away the pain. "Thanks Em" Leah stayed quiet, not even looking at her cousin. I think it's gotten worse between them since Leah found out Emily was pregnant. 

Leah finally let out a big breath when Emily left the room and reached for the snacks and started eating quietly.

"Leah"

"I don't want to hear it Liv. Let's just watch a movie or something" I rolled my eyes and got up to pick a movie, all I really had was some kids movies and I don't think Leah would want to watch Paw Patrol. 

"I'll be back. If he wakes can you give him the bottle" Leah nodded shoving more food in her mouth. She was very moody today, I don't know if it's because we were up half the night and didn't get any sleep because of Mason or if it's because she is cooped up in the house with people she doesn't really talk to.